Chapter 44: Behind Enemy Lines.

***ELLE'S POV***

"How's the pregnant life treating you ?" I asked LeLe. I had a few minutes before i had to start getting ready so i decided to call and check up on them.

"It's good." She laughed. "I pee every five minutes and eat everything in sight. You should see me, i look like i swallowed a damn beach ball"

"If you had swallowed maybe you wouldn't be pregnant..." i joked

"On god, Elle, i will fight yo ass ! Just because I'm pregnant doesn't won't pull up on you !" She said getting an attitude.

"Chiiiiill Lee, i'm joking baby girl."I laughed at her. It was fun teasing her. It reminded me of how things were before.

"Mmmhmm. So what's been going on with you ? What have you been working on ?"

"Nothing really. Same old, same old."i lied. The less she knew, the better.

"What about the dance studio ?" She asked.

"Oh. I sold it a while back. It was too much on my plate." That was true. Right after Ej was arrested, i decided to close the studio. My heart just wasn't in it anymore.

"do you even still model ?"

"Here and there." I lied. "I haven't done any major shoots in a while." I bought out my contract with Mirage last week so i was no longer obligated to work for them. Like dance, modeling was something else i just didn't have time for. Don't get me wrong, i loved dancing and modeling but i had bigger shit on my hands. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get shit done. That's what i was doing.

"I talked to Ej" she blurted.

"Oh ?" I said, surprised. I gave him her number a while ago but i never expected him to grow the balls to actually call her. "What'd he say ?" I was ginuinely curious.

"He told me he loved me" she said in a dreamy voice.

I shook my head and sighed. "Oh boy."

"Elle.. i miss him so much. I know i should hate him for leaving me here pregnant and alone but i can't... Despite everything, he gave me the greatest gift i could ever ask for. I just wish he was here so we could experience it together."

"Lee..." i sighed, not knowing what to say. This was all too much for me. "I have to go take care of some business, i'll call you back later babe."

"Alright." She sighed. "Love you, girl."

"Love you too." I hung up the phone and tossed it on the bed. Sighing, i got up and decided to start getting ready.

After sifting through outfits ideas, i finally put something together. I took it out and laid it on the bed then i went into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup.

I slicked my hair back into a chic high ponytail at the top of my head, then i applied my makeup, making sure my eyeliner was winged to perfection. After adding a clear coat of lip gloss, i was all done.

Once my makeup was done, i assembled my outfit. It was a sleeveless cropped black turtleneck sweater, a pair of all black jeans with leather going up the sides, and some black leather peep toe booties.

I added a pair of silver diamond studded hoop earrings and a few rings, then i sprayed on a little of my Nude perfume by Rihanna. Once i ready, i threw on my back leather jacket, grabbed my phone and keys, then headed out the door. It was time to handle my business.

****

I pulled up to GMC's trap blasting Try Me by Dej Loaf. I was feeling some type of way and my trigger finger was itching.