Chapter 2: Player hating

***Elle's POV***

"Good job today girls !" i said after we finished our class. All of their parents were waiting in the lobby so they left pretty quickly. I was cleaning up when i noticed Karrih sitting in a corner.

"Karrih, where's your daddy ?" i asked, bending down close to her

"I think he forgot" she said quietly as she looked down at the floor

"I'm sure he'll be here soon sweety, he probably just got stuck in traffic... why don't you help me finish cleaning up ?"

"Okay" i grabbed her hand and pulled her up from the floor. She helped me roll up the mats and put everything away.

An hour had passed and Karter still hadn't showed up. I used the number he put on Karrih's info sheet and called him. The phone rang several times before he picked up.

"Hello" he answered. His voice was deeper and it sounded like he was out of breath.

"Karter ? This is Elle, Karrih's dance teacher. You were supposed to pick her up an hour ago."

"Ah Shit" he hissed. I heard a girl moan in the background

Oh hell the fuck no. I couldn't believe this nigga was too busy fucking some bitch to pick up his daughter."Um Hellooooo !" i said loudly, trying to get his attention.

"Shit.. Um -I I'll be there in thirty minutes" He said quickly. He hung up the phone before i could respond.

"Un-fucking-believable" i mumbled under my breath. "Karrih, your father will be here soon sweety. Until then, why don't you come help me pick next week's music"

"Okay !" she jumped up. I flipped through some tracks and played some of the music until Karrih found something she liked. She picked Burn by Ellie Goulding.

"Sorry i'm late" Karter said, strolling in casually.

"Daddy !" Karrih jumped up. "Why were you late ?" she put her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes at him.

"I'm sorry baby girl, daddy was a lil busy" He said picking her up

"mmmhmm" she folded her arms

"I'm sorry Elle, thanks for keeping her" he turned to me

"You're welcome" i rolled my eyes "Please try to be on time, Although i do enjoy Karrih, i am not a babysitter. You're responsible for picking her up on time just like all the other parents"

"My bad ma, i'll be on time for now. I promise."

"Whatever. I need to lock up." i rolled my eyes. I didn't like this nigga, something about him rubbed me the wrong way.

"Point taken. C'mon Kar, let's go get some ice cream"

After they left, i locked up the building and headed to my house. My photoshoot for Mirage was tomorrow and i needed to be ready.

I walked through the door and tossed my keys on the table in the foyer. I locked the door and set the security system. Now that i had a son, i was very precautious about our safety. I couldn't afford to get caught slipping.

I headed to my room, picking up Aj's stray toys on the way there. As soon as i got to my room, i stripped out of my clothes and put them in the dirty clothes hamper. I took a long relaxing shower and then got out. After i had dried my body off and put on lotion, i climbed straight into bed and drifted off to sleep.

The Next Morning

I shut off my alarm and slowly got out of bed.I hated mornings. If you woke me up any time before ten, i became a total bitch. This morning I had to wake up extremely early because my call time was at six in the morning. Needless to say, i was definitely on edge. I took a quick shower and washed my hair then i got out and dried off. I decided to keep it simple today so i put on a pair of white low riders with slits going across the thigh. I put on my white cotten bralet and tied a blue and black flannel around my waist. For shoes i put on my Royal blue Air Jordan 1s. I slipped on my custom made coco and breezy shades and then headed out the door.