Chapter 40: The beginning.

***ELLE'S POV***

I've spent the last two days of my life listening and observing the hood. It's been awhile since i was around this shit so i was trying to get a feel for everything. My problem was that i didn't have a team. Most of the niggas that worked for the Empire either got arrested with Ej or they're on the run. The only person who was still around was Corona but i haven't seen her ass anywhere.

After a couple days of watching, i found out about this nigga named Troy who was supposed to be on the rise. Apparently this nigga was a magician when it came to moving weight. His problem was that he couldn't work for people for too long. He had authority problems. He probably didn't like taking orders from niggas who were just a few years older than him if not the same age. It was different for women though. Women have a way of keeping a man in check. I was one of those women.

I pulled up the dilapidated apartment complex parking lot in my Black on Black Benz truck blasting Lil Kim's "Queen Bitch." I cut the engine then after adjusting my shades, i got out the car.

God knows i didn't wanna be here doing this bullshit but i had too. It's been two days since Carlos gave me those twenty kilos of coke and i wasn't wasting any time getting my shit together.

As i walked through the complex, i could feel all eyes on me. The females were hating while all the niggas were gwaking. I was That bitch again.

Dressed to kill, i wore a crisp white, long sleeved button up, that exposed a little cleavage and a pair of highwaisted red Givenchy shorts with a gold Moschino chain belt. The shoes i was stomping in were black and gold knee high, peep-toe boots with a golden plated heel. My hair which had been flattened straight and curled loosely, hung all the way at my waist. I looked like a walking dollar sign.

I walked up to apartment 254 and knocked loudly on the door.

"WHO IS IT ?" Someone yelled.

I didn't answer.

A few seconds later the door yanked open.

"Yo, are you lost or something, ma ?" The man asked with a confused look on his face. He was fine too. With smooth brown skin, hazel eyes, and a neatly kept goatee. He was a little too lanky for my taste though.

"Are you Troy ?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Depends on who's asking." He folded his arms.

"I'm Tiny. I was wondering if we could talk business" I said, flashing him an award winning smile. "Mind if i come in ?"

"Not at all." He bit his bottom lip, looking me up and down. "Come on in, ma."

The apartment was nicer than i expected. It wasn't fancy or anything but at least it was clean.

"What exactly is it that you want to discuss, ma ?" He plopped down on the couch.

"Word on the street is that you're a free agent in the game. Is that true ?" I crossed my legs and leaned back in my chair.

"Yeah... why ?" He looked confused.

"I might have a job for you."

"You have a job for me ?" He laughed. "Doing what ?"

I don't know why, but the sound of his laughing set me the fuck off. I hated it when niggas underestimated me because i was a female. He would learn though. They always learn.

"What's funny ?" My voice turned cold. His face straightened instantly.

"Nothing..." he cleared his throat awkwardly. "So... what's the job ?"

"I need you to recruit workers for me. I have a large quantity of weight i need moved as soon as possible and i can't do that by myself. Get me a team and i'll make you my right hand."

"Is this a joke ? No offense ma but i don't work for a boss and definitely not a female boss. What the fuck do you even know abouy the game anyway ?"

I was mad now. "No this isn't a joke. You obviously don't know who the fuck i am so i'll let this slide. Listen, i know you're used to nickle and diming for fuck boys who've never even smelled a million dollars before but that's not how the fuck get down. This female" i pointed to myself. "Has moved more weight than you'll ever see in a lifetime. I eat, drink, and piss money. I may be a woman but make no mistake, i'm that bitch. My name alone is enough to strike fear into any man's heart. I'm pretty, yeah i know" i shrugged. "But my game isn't. I was raised by Kaio, the most notorious drug lord Miami has ever seen. My brother is Ej Banks, the fucking king of Miami. Don't ever underestimate my gangster. It's not good for your health."

"Wait..." his eyes lit up. "You're that Tiny ?"

"So you have heard of me ?" I smirked, ammused by the look of awe on his face. I took out a pre-rolled blunt out of my purse. I hadn't smoked weed in years but considering the circumstances, i felt like i needed it.

"Hell yeah !" He raised his voice an octave. "You're like a fucking urban legend. Everyone's heard of you but no one's actually seen you before. Shit, i didn't even know Ej had a sister" That's the way i wanted it. I thought.

"So, do you want the job or not ?" I lit the blunt and held it up to my lips.

"How much money are we talking ?" He took the blunt from me and inhaled.

"Fifty grand, after i get my team." I said, taking the blunt back.

"After ? Fuck that. I want it up front."

"No."

"Then i'm not doing it." He shrugged.

"Ok" i nodded, blowing out the smoke i had in my lungs. "But just know that you're turning down the opportunity of a lifetime.  You think i give a fuck about fifty grand ? Fifty grand is nothing to me." I laughed. "You say you don't like working for a boss right ?" he nodded. "Look, i don't plan on doing this shit forever. After i reach my qouta, i'm getting the fuck out of dodge. Help me do this job and i'll hand you the Empire. With me, you'll never have to work for another nigga again. You could own this city. But if that's not good enough then..." i shrugged my shoulders. "Nice chatting with you Troy." I stood up from my chair and headed to the door.

"Wait !" He called out just as i reached for the doorknob. "I'll do it."

"Smart choice." I smiled. "I'll give you two days to gather up a team. When i'm ready, i'll call you with further instructions. See you then." I slide my shades back on and walked out the door.

The first part of my plan was now in full effect. This was only the beginning. I still had a while to go but in the end, it would all be worth it. It was time for me to get back on my grind.

COMMENT. VOTE. FOLLOW.