Chapter 17: Let the games begin...

***KARTER'S POV***

It's been a week since my run in with Elle and i still couldn't over what she said. Usually i wouldn't give a fuck how a female felt about me but this was Elle. She was different.

Elle is the only female in history to make me feel some type of way since Karrih's mother died.

It wasn't just the sex that drew me to her, it was her whole demeanor. She had this 'i don't give a fuck attitude' about everything. As if there was nothing in the world that impressed her.

The thing that caught my attention the most was that she just like me. More or less. The fact that she could cuss my ass and put me in my place turned me on. I'm used to women being submissive to everything i say. Elle is different. She doesn't give a fuck what i say. If i tell her to go left, her ass would go right just to piss me off. She was stubborn, just like me.

Regardless of how i felt about the situation, i wasn't about to chase her ass. If she wanted to be left alone then i would leave her alone. She was right. I got what i wanted. Now it was time for me to move on and focus on what was important. My job.

Other than photography, my job was my passion. I guess you could say i was a hunter. I tracked people down for money. I was good at too. The best in Miami. There wasn't a person in this city i couldn't find. In fact, i'm looking at my newest assignment right now.

Elijah Banks.

This was one sneaky son of a bitch. I've been tracking him for months and for some reason, he always seemed to get away at the last minute. Not this time though. I had his ass. I knew where he lived, now i can track him all hours of the day. He wouldn't even be able to take a shit without me knowing.

I sat on the roof of a neighboring building, watching him through the lense of my binoculars. He was in his living room smoking a blunt, while some random bitch gave him head. I wasn't gone judge him though. I was just doing the same thing earlier today.

All of that was beside the point thought. The point was, i finally had him where i wanted him. He was vulnerable and unarmed. I could catch his ass off gaurd and just take him.

I slid my phone out of my pocket and dialed my boss. I needed to know what my next move was.

"What ?" he answered grumpily.

"Boss, i got him"

"Where are you ?"

"His house. I'm ready to get his ass." i grinned.

"Not yet."

"Fuck you mean, not yet ? He's right fucking here ! Do you know how long i've been tracking this bastard for you ? I finally got the bitch and you just want me to sit on my ass ?" I was fucking heated. I spent a lot of time and energy on this nigga, i'm ready for this assignment to be over so my daughter can back home.

"I mean what the fuck i said !" he yelled. "You can't just march in there waving your gun like a fucking mad man. We can't get his ass without proof !"

"So what do you want me to do ?" i sighed.

I hated to admit it but he was right. That didn't stop me from being pissed though.

"Just hold off for awhile until we can catch his ass red handed. If there's no proof then the blame gets thrown on us and i have enough bullshit on my hands right now. Just be patient. I have something up my sleeves."

"Why do feel like this is going to be my problem ?"

"Because it is. Karter, i need you to go undercover."

Fuck my life.

***EJ'S POV***

"I woke up this morning, i had a boner

i went to sleep last night with no bitch

nigga i was loner, i've been going through shit

losing bitches and homies

If i dont make it with this rap shit

nigga i might be homeless

my moms don't got a job

my pops checks aint enough

if i aint bringing home that money

my whole family is fucked

that's why i move like the mob

i'm watching movies too much

if niggas wanted you dead

what would you suggest ?

They wonder why i do drugs

and hang with thugs

since i made it, the city hated

wait, where was the love ?

i ride around with gun, this is not for fun

i stay protected cause my homie just took one to the lung.

Had him on life support

with his family's support

he knew who shot him

but he aint even show up in court

yeah that's a real G nigga

he on a kill spree nigga

The homie popped him so i hope don't kill me nigga

That's why i really be smoking

and i really drinking

Thats why i really be smoking

and i really be drinking

That's why i really be smoking

and i really be drinking

I be going through some thangs

you don't know what i be thinking"

I was in my living room, smoking a blunt, vibing to YG's My Krazy Life album while this Puerto Rican bitch sucked me off.

"Really Be" is like my fucking theme song right now. This song is the truth bruh. People out here think they know me but they don't know shit about what the fuck i go through. I'm sick of people judging me as if they've ever had to live a day in my shoes.

Even my own fucking sister is on my ass. My supposed twin. She's supposed to have my back but all she does is judge me for shit. I don't have time for that. I'm a grown ass man ! I make my own fucking decisions and fuck whoever disagrees.

I got enough shit on my mind right now. There are niggas after me. I know they're watching my ass. That's why i haven't left my crib in a week. I'm trying to keep a low profile. All i do is smoke weed and get my dick sucked. Occassionally i watch orange in the new black on netflix, but only when a nigga gets real bored.

To be honest, i was getting tired of living like this. I wanted to walk out my house and not worry about somebody taking my life or the life of somebody i loved. I haven't seen my family in weeks and it's driving me crazy.

I needed to get out this house and get my shit together. I was tired of hiding. It was time for me to take my city back. Starting tomorrow, i was going back to work.
*

*

*

***A/N: I'm on a roll today ! What do you yall think ? Is Karter going to catch Ej or ??? Drama, Drama, Drama.

COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW, LOVE ME

♡Much love guys♡