Chapter 15: Moving Forward

***ELLE'S POV***

My phone had been buzzing non stop  all day. I didn't even have to look at it to know it was Karter. A week had gone by since the incident and i was still ignoring his calls.

Yes, i was avoiding him. Not because i was ashamed or anything, but because we simply had nothing to talk about. We had sex. What's done is done.

Did i feel bad for sleeping with him ? No. I'm a grown ass woman. I don't have to feel bad for doing shit. And i'm not going to blame it on the alcohol either. I knew what i was doing and i'm woman enough to take responsibility for my actions. Sometimes, shit happens and this was one of those times.

Would i do it again ? Yes and no. Don't get me wrong, having sex with Karter was mindblowing. We connected on a deeper level that was more than just sex. He made me feel something i hadn't felt in a very long time. BUT I'm not trying to get my heart broken at this time in my life and that's exactly what Karter is. A heartbreaker.

With that being said, i wanted to stay as far away from Karter as possible. Sex was enough. I'm not trying to get my emotions involved too. This was just one of those things i was going to have to bury in the back of my mind and forget it ever happened.

I got tired of hearing my phone vibrate so i just turned it off and threw it into my bag. I needed some fresh air.

I got up from my bed and slipped on some black bandana joggers and my black Cropped hoodie with Tupac on the front. I put on my low to white air forces and sprayed on a little perfume. I took down my bun, letting my curly blond hair flow freely down my back, then i fluffed it a little, making it bigger.

I put on a little clear lip gloss, then i grabbed my CoCo and Breezy shades and slid them on my face. After making sure i had my keys and my wallet, i grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

I was craving strawberry cheesecake ice cream so i decided to stop by baskin robins and get some. Too bad Aj was still visiting with Tasha, he loves this place.

After paying for my ice cream, i headed back out to my car. Out the corner of my eye, i saw Karter standing next door to the ice cream place, talking and laughing with some random guy.

Just keep walking, Elle. I thought to myself. Pretend like you didn't even see him. Just keep walking, maybe he didn't notice.

"Yo, ELLE !" he yelled my name.

"Fuck. He saw me." i cursed under my breath. I started speed walking, hoping to get to my car before he caught up to me.

"Elle, wait up !" he said, jogging over to me.

There was no use in trying to get away now so i just turned around. "What ?" i glared at him, placing my hand on my hip impatiently.

**KARTER'S POV**

"What ?" she glared at me with her hands on her hips.

"I've been calling you... and texting...."

"I know." she said, nonchalantly.

"So why didn't you answer ?"

"Because we have nothing to talk about" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"After the other night, we have LOTS to talk about" i grinned.

She just stared back at me with no emotion.

"The other night was incredible... i can't stop thinking about you" i grabbed her hand

"Well try." she said, pulling her hand out my grasp. "Look Karter, i think we should both keep our distance."

"For what ?" i asked, confused. "I thought we were feeling each other."

"Let's not make this into something it's not. You got what you wanted out of me. I'm just another girl on your list now. You of all people should understand where i'm coming from"

Ouch. My ego.

"Damn. So that's it huh ?" i rubbed my head nervously.

"That's it." she shrugged as if to say 'oh fucking well'

"Say no more. I'll leave you alone then" i took a step back.

"Glad we could come to an agreement. Nice talking to you Karter."

She got in her car and drove away without looking back.

Normally, i'd be happy in a situation like this. A one night stand with no complications or strings attatched. This was what i had always dreamed of, So why was i feeling so shitty?

I thought this was what i wanted. Just sex. But now that i've had it, i want more. Not just more sex, but more Elle. I wanted her to be mine.
*

*

*

***A/N: Happy saturday ! So i'm actually staying home this weekend instead of going out so i have a lot more time to write. I literally woke up and immediately started writing, if that's not love, i don't know what is. I was going to wait until the Q&A to update this but i'll wait until more people give me feedback about what they want. If not a lot of people comment what they want then i probably wont do it. If you do want the Q&A, let me know in the comments and then kik me @heynajhimah or DM me your questions.

♡Much Love♡