Chapter 5: Let's start over

***Elle's POV***

"Your son ?" She looked at me weirdly

"Yes"

"So you're related to Ej ?"

"Yeah he's my twin brother"

"But you don't look alike" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"We're fraternal... Wait, How do you know him ?"

"We met at the mall." she then told me the story of how they met

"Wait" i laughed. "So Aj was crying about being lost ?"

"Yeah.." she looked at me confused. "Why is that funny ?"

"They got yo ass !" i laughed loudly. "I can't believe it"

"I'm so confused right now.."

"I'm sorry" i wiped a tear away. "I don't know how to tell you this but Aj wasn't really lost. That was just one of Ej's many schemes to pick up women"

"But he was crying !"

"My son is a good actor"

"Your kidding, right ?"

"Nope. They set you up"

"Did you set me up Aj ?" she asked him

"No snitching" he said, zipping his lips.

"Oh my god" she put her head in her hands "I can not believe it"

"Well believe it. Ej will stop at nothing when he sees something he wants, including use my son to pick up women"

"Well it worked." i sighed. "We went out yesterday"

"Like on a date ?"

"Yeah, we went out to the track and raced and then we went to waffle house"

"Did you sleep with him ?"

"Nope"

"So let me get this straight. My brother took you out on a date and.." i covered Aj's ears. "You mean to tell me yall didn't fuck ?"

"No, nothing happened. We kissed but that was it."

"Damn." i shook my head. "I can't believe it"

"Ej isn't really the dating type. I love my brother but he doesn't do well with women. Just be careful. Sometimes it's just best to not get your feelings involved..."

"I don't mean to be nosy but... where's Aj's father?"

"He died."

"Wow... I'm sorry... i didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine" i cut her off. "So, how are you liking Miami ?" i said, changing the subject. We talked for a few more minutes before we eventually went our separate days for the evening. I liked LeLe alot. It was nice having a femal friend, i just hoped i didn't regret this like i did with chanel.
*

*

*

***EJ's POV***

"How is everything ?" i asked Capo over the phone.

"Everything's straight."

"Good, let me know if anything pops up. Don't make me come up there, i don't need any fuck ups right now."

"Don't worry about it boss, i got it."

"Aite i'll hit you later nigga"

"Peace." I hung up the phone and laid it down on desk. Every since Aj was born, i've taken a step back from the game. I still ran the city, but from a distance. I'm not stupid. I know there are niggas looking for me. I was still here, watching over everything but they couldn't see me and that's the way i was going to keep it. For my family.