Knights of Light PT. 2

Start from the beginning

"I understand your concern, but the entity granted us access to Honerva's mind. Without it, your spirit would still be cursed." Allura said calmly.

"King Alfor, even though this darkness is inside us, it will help us in this fight." I said.

"If you're looking for real power, the ability to become a true Altean Alchemist, there is a place where you can train." Alfor said. We both knew of the place he talked about.

Allura and I looked down in sadness, remembering the events that had happened there.

"Oriande. We know." Allura said, "I've been there and passed the guardian's trials with Zurine's help."

"That's wonderful news." Alfor said happily, "You were able to gain the power of Oriande."

"It isn't enough. That is why I must learn another method. The entity will guide us toward the answers we seek."

"But at what cost?" Allura stopped when she was asked that. I started thinking, too. What would the price be for the knowledge we sought.

I grabbed Alfor's hand and squeezed it gently.

"King Alfor, I will not let anyone here be harmed. I promise you as the Queen of Arisa." I said, reassurance and determination in my voice.

He smiled back at me, silently telling me that he trsuted me. All of a sudden, the ground began to shake and the door crashed.

The three of us junped out of the way as a large orb crashed through the door.

I fell next to Allura as the orb flew back towards us, a sense of familiarity coursing through my mind.

We looked up at the giant cloud of smoke and dust, when we felt the floor crack underneath us.

Allura and I screamed in fear as we were falling into a space of stars and color.

I felt my white lion connect with me and heard her anger filled snarl as we turned to see our enemy.

I gasped when I saw a familiar beast from our first battle.

"Whoa! Where'd that thing come from?" Lance asked from inside the red lion.

"Guys, its the monster from Arus!" Hunk shouted.

"Form Voltron!" Keith ordered.

We did as ordered, forming the warrior and taking our fighting stance.

"Wait, where are the original Paladins?" Hunk asked, but there was no time to answer.

The beast reeled its arm back and threw the orb at us. We flew up higher to dodge, but it was no use.

The orb followed our movements and hit us repeatedly.

Just then, as the orb moved back to its normal position, it split into three separate orbs.

"What the heck was that?" Keith asked, just as shocked as the rest of us.

"He couldn't do that the last time we fought him!" Hunk shouted.

"This is Honerva's mind! Anything can happen." Pidge said.

"Wait, does this mean she knows we're here?" Lance asked.

"No, that wouldn't be possible." I said.

"It appears she has guardians to protect her thoughts and memories." Allura said.

We summoned our shield as even more orbs were sent flying our way. The shield blocked a few of the orbs, but everytime we focused on one, two more would hit us in the back.