四十六

Sunday, November 10th

Minho awoke with a nauseating headache, his memory of last night was gone as if it hadn't happened at all. He remembered some things here and there, but the full night had been deleted from his memory.

He felt a hand slip into his own a few seconds after he woke up, trying to focus on the way it felt. The only thing he could feel was the sharp pain in his stomach and the pounding headache, so focusing on the warmth from the hand had been the only positive thing at the moment.

"You're awake," Hyunjin breathed out, a relieved tone in his voice.

"Jin...?" Minhos voice was groggy, his throat sore.

"Yeah its me."

Minho could see the tear stains lining Hyunjins cheeks, his eyes red from crying so much.

He wondered if he was the cause of Hyunjin's pain as he didn't recall the party.

"Are you okay?" Minho asked, slightly squeezing the boys hand.

"Minho don't worry about me," Hyunjin spoke, his words were harsh but Minho could tell he meant well. "You almost died."

Minhos eyes widened at the words, he knew he had done a bit too much at the party (various drugs mixed with alcohol) but he didn't know it has gotten that bad.

Looking over to the side he saw the onyx-haired boy fast asleep on a chair. Memories of last night had begun to fill his mind, bits and pieces coming back to him.

"He spoke."

Hyunjin looked back at his boyfriend, a slight smile on his face as he saw the sight. Though there was a fault in it, pity laced through it.

"Yeah, last night was pretty stressful for him," Hyunjin said, looking back at Minho. "You're his best friend and he saw you pass out right before his eyes."

Guilt had filled Minho's body at an instant, tears brimming at his eyes.

Everything he ever did was simply an act for attention, the attitude, the drugs and alcohol. everything he did was selfish, merely for his own validation.

Minho felt like a monster.

"I'm so sorry," He sobbed, he didn't know who the words had been aimed at. It was simply just something he was saying to anyone, everybody.

"I'm a monster."

He tried to sit up in the hospital bed, only to be pushed down by Hyunjin. The action alone had been putting him in intense pain, his stomach feeling as if it would burst.

"Minho, stop."

Hyunjins words weren't comforting nor sympathetic, a tone of hate replacing what Minho craved the most.

"You're clearly not okay," He told the elder. "We- We just want you to be alright—"

Before Hyunjin could continue speaking, a familiar blond haired male made his way into the room, carrying two large plastic bags.

"I tried to get food but there was little that looked appetizing, so you'll have to deal wi—" His words were cut short as he looked up, seeing that the elder male was awake.

"Minho, you're awake!" Felix exclaimed, dropping the bags on a nearby chair.

He softly wrapped the boy in a loose hug, burring his head in the elders shoulder. After last night he felt like he needed to protect the chestnut haired boy, watch over him.

"Hey, Lix," Minho smiled, happy to feel the warmth.

"Promise you'll get better," Felix whispered, praying that the male would agree.

Before Minho could reply he heard Changbin stir in his sleep, looking over he could see the male wake up, worried about what the boy would say to him.

Once the onyx-haired male opened his eyes, he saw Minho awake, his eyes widening.

"Min..." The elder tried to speak, but stopped himself once it began to hurt his throat.

"You don't have to speak, Bin," Minho assured him, trying to give the elder a slight smile.

Changbin wanted to slap Minho, yell at him until he couldn't but, instead be wrapped him in a bone crushing hug, sobbing into his shoulder.

He had never gotten a second chance with his mother, he watched her wither away until none of her was left. He was just happy Minho had still been alive.

Tears brimmed at Minhos eyes as he buried his face into the elders shoulders, the comforting smell rain being all that he could smell.

The brunet could feel Changbins pain through the hug, the way he held on as if he could lose Minho any second. The younger of the two had been repulsed by himself, he didn't know how he could ever gain the elders trust again.

"I'm so sorry."

Minho kept repeating the words, over and over again.

In that moment, Minho hadn't been thinking of anyone, not his family, Hyunjin, Changbin or even Jisung. The only thing on his mind was himself, how much he wanted out of the world.

Nothing seemed to be making the brunet happy until he realized what he had done, how much pain his death would cause others.

Han Jisung had already had charges pressed against him for throwing the party, luckily for him they didn't throw the blond behind bars. Once Minho got out of the hospital he would have to pay as well, all his money going to waste for a singular stupid decision.

Changbin released Minho from the hug, looking into his eyes. He could tell they held pain, large dark circles sitting underneath them.

'Please get help.'

The sight of Changbin signing again had made Minho break into a slight smile, glad the elder had been comfortable for once.

Minho slowly nodded his head, taking a look at the people around him.

Felix was somebody he barely knew, simply a kid that Hyunjin was friends with. Despite that, Felix had looked out for him, tried to get him help before it had been too late. Though, by that time, it already had been, Minho planning to do this days before.

Hyunjin was one of his best friends, after meeting eachother behind the school late in the afternoon they had clicked. His charm had been too strong on Minho, the chestnut haired boy falling for him almost immediately. Though now, friendship replaced lust as Minho had found someone else to be obsessed with.

Changbin was Minhos closest friend, the two only meeting through Hyunjin. Minho knew alot about Changbin, his life before meeting the brunet boy and after. He knew how he felt and what be liked, and who he liked. He knew everything. Changbin thought he knew everything about Minho as well, but the younger proved him wrong as of the night before.

Minho wanted to keep the three boys close forever, never wanting to lose them. He had planned on never letting go of the friendship they had, their ups and their downs to never be forgotten.

Minho needed to keep these boys, and to do that there had only been one choice.

'I'll get better,' Minho signed.

'For you.'