二十八

Monday, October 28th

Hyunjin felt like garbage as he entered school the following morning, feeling conflicted as he considered how scattered his feelings had been lately.

Felix had reassured him that it was okay, and that he understood because "it's not like we're dating or something". For some reason, hearing the younger utter those words hurt more than he thought it would've.

'meet me in the usual bathroom' Hyunjin typed out his text to Minho, pressing send hesitantly. 'bring weed, please.'

It had been a while since the boy had sat down with his best friend and smoked, and he felt as if he needed to.

Minho responded fairly quickly, as expected, with 'coolio' followed by an "ok" hand symbol beside it.

Hyunjin let out a soft chuckle at that, before making his way to the bathroom in the back halls of the school.

No students payed him any mind as he strolled through the halls, eyes glued forward and hands shoved into his pockets like he was on a mission.

He entered the bathroom moments later, a soft sigh escaping his lips as he routinely walked into to handicapped stall like it was second nature, eyes immediately drawing their attention to the wall.

The purple sharpie user was back, and this time with a question.

'what do i call you two?'

Hyunjin hesitated a bit after uncapping his marker, sighing slightly as he contemplated just revealing his identity altogether.

Finally, he settled with just 'jin', because he assumed the others would want to stay anonymous like they had been for nearly a month.

The boy capped and returned his marker to his original place just in time, because barely a second later Minho came bursting into the bathroom, ranting about something random whilst reaching into his bag to pull out his assortment of weed.

Hyunjin had no doubts that he was already high before this, and he must've smoked before school began. He didn't know what he expected, though, it was Minho after all.

"I'm so glad you got me out of first period," Minho exclaimed upon entering the handicapped stall, closing the door and locking it behind him. "I did not do that homework that was due like three weeks ago and I don't plan on explaining that any time soon."

Hyunjin smiles a bit to himself, sliding down the wall so that he was sitting. "Someone's hyper today, huh?"

"Oh absolutely," Minho grinned, pulling out his lighter and lighting his blunt without even sparing it a glance. "We haven't hung out in years."

Hyunjin nodded in agreement, before taking the other blunt that Minho had rolled and lighting it for himself.

"I actually.. need advice," Hyunjin spoke up, feeling his nerves beginning to act up as Minho looked at him curiously.

"What's up?" he questioned, his serious side of himself coming out for that present moment.

"You're my best friend, right?" the brunette began, Minho looking absolutely scandalized.

"Of course I am!" the elder exclaimed, before taking a long hit from his blunt.

"So you wouldn't lie to me if I asked you to answer me truthfully?" Hyunjin hummed, smiling slightly as Minhos immediate response was a quick nod of his head.

".. I think I'm in love with someone."

Something in Minhos face seemed to change, his smile dropping ever so slightly, however he was back to normal so quickly that Hyunjin questioned whether or not the change in his demeanor had even occurred at all.

"Well.. with who?" Minho finally inquired, crossing his legs and leaning forward with interest.

"That's the thing," Hyunjin spoke, voice dropping to a quieter tone as if he was ashamed of himself. "There's two of them."

"It's Felix and Changbin, isn't it?" Minho asked almost immediately, Hyunjin caught off guard momentarily by how quick he got the answer to that.

"It's obvious, Jin," he continued, twirling his blunt between his fingers carelessly. "I can see the way you look at them. It's the same way I look at you."

Hyunjins heart stung at those words. He had known that Minho had feelings for him, however he had always felt an overwhelming guilt within his gut that he couldn't return the same feelings.

"So what do I do?" he continued speaking, feeling like if he brought up what Minho had said it would only make things worse. "How am I supposed to choose between them when I feel the exact same for both of them?"

"Why choose?" Minho hummed, leaning his head back against the wall. "I mean, you like them, I'm assuming they like you. Just let them realize they're madly in love too and BAM, you're all in love."

Hyunjin considered it for a moment, before letting out a soft laugh and shaking his head. "I don't know. They probably wouldn't be into that."

"Never know," Minho shrugged, before closing his eyes as he took yet another elongated hit from his blunt.