四十四

Friday, November 8th

Hyunjin sat in the bathroom, staring at the wall in front of him. He reread through all their messages, scanning the small drawings that the owner of the lavender marker had made. Most importantly, he looked at the newest edition to the collection.

It had been a reply, or rather a message, from the red marker owner.

'we haven't talked in ages. i hope everything is good with you both. things have been a lot better for me.' it read.

Hyunjin smiled at the anonymous persons words, happy that they found happiness in their life. Hyunjin wanted to say the same for himself, he had Felix and Changbin, but he still had problems that didn't stop once he found the two.

Minho, his best friend, hadn't talked to him in what was beginning to feel like years. Each time they crossed paths in the hall was awkward and made the brunet anxious. Ever since he began to date Changbin and Felix, the elder had become more distant with Hyunjin, until he didnt talk to him at all. The only time they willingly sat with one another was at lunch, the only person he conversed with being Changbin.

On top of that, Hyunjin couldn't take his mind off his brother. With his birthday being tomorrow, Hyunjins anxiety had been at an all time high. Part of him wanted to celebrate it, possibly with his family if they would agree to it. Though, the other half of him wanted to forget about everything and wipe his memory clear of Hyunwoo, but he knew that would never be possible.

Hyunjin took the marker from the corned of the room, standing up to write a reply to the owner of the red marker. He let out a sigh before he pressed the marker to the wall.

'long time no...write? I'm good though, things have gotten much better since the last time we talked :)'

Once he finished writing his reply, he placed the marker back in its place and walked out of the bathroom.

It had been third period, but the brunet didn't feel like dealing with class today. Instead he informed the office that he would be leaving, a privilege that he got along with being a Hwang.

Instead of heading home, Hyunjin traveled in the direction of the cemetery to pay his brother a long overdue visit. Luckily for him, it had been close to the school.

"Hey, Hyunmin," the brunet whispered, taking a seat next to his gravestone.

It had previously snowed, so the grass had still been wet from what was left behind, though Hyunjin hadn't minded much.

"Happy early birthday," He continued, beginning a rant. "I know you don't like parties but I thought it would be fun if we threw one, just me mom and dad. We'll make a chocolate cake because I remembered that was your favorite and then we'll watch movies on the couch after. Just like we always did."

Hyunjin didn't notice the hot tears running down his face until his voice cracked, breaking down. Hyunjin had never realized how much he truly missed his brother, though the two never knew each other that well, Hyunmin had always been there for the brunet if he needed it. Now, Hyunjin was missing the comfort that he needed.

"Or I can just, forget about it," Hyunjin sobbed into his hands, head buried into his knees.

At this moment, he wished Hyunmin had been there to comfort him, or tell him that everything would be okay in the end.

He missed everything about the elder, his laugh, the dimples that showed when he did, his childish personality yet caring and understanding. Hyunjin missed having Hyunmin around.

"I miss my brother."

•••

The doorbell rung, catching the brunets attention. His parents had informed him that Hans would be coming over for dinner meaning Hyunjin would have to deal with the famous Han Jisung for 2-3 hours.

The boy had been loud and overly obnoxious, his ego bigger than Hyunjin could handle. Though, at a point in time Hyunjin had been just like him, everything served to him on a silver spoon.

"Hey 'Sung," Hyunjin said, putting on a fake smile to greet the younger.

The Family had been holding the dinner for what they called a 'early birthday party,' but Hyunjin knew it was just an excuse to talk business with the blonds parents.

Since it had been far to early to eat, the two traveled upstairs into Hyunjins room leaving their parents downstairs.

"Wow..." Jisungs voiced trailed off as he viewed the room.

The room had drastically changed from the last time Jisung seen it, before the walls were white as well as the sheets, curtains and almost anything in between. The day Hyunmin died, Hyunjin changed his whole life, changing his room to match how he felt.

"I see you've...remodeled."

"Yeah, interior design is really my passion," Hyunjin sarcastically spoke, picking up the food to feed tapioca.

"Are you coming tomorrow?" Jisung changed the subject, taking a seat on the elders bed.

Hyunjin nodded his head, leaning against the wall parallel to Jisung.

"I need to get my head off things..." He spoke, his voice low as if he didn't want Jisung to hear him.

"You won't regret it 'Jin," Jisung gave the elder a slight smile before their names were called from downstairs.

"I sure hope not."