十七

Wednesday, October 16th

Felix hummed softly to himself as he scanned the wall of progressively growing messages, fidgeting with his marker as he struggled to come up with an answer to the boy with the black marker.

The boy had stated that he had been m.i.a due to family business, and while the ginger knew it wasn't any of his business to know what was going on, he couldn't help but feel slightly curious as to what the anonymous student was experiencing behind the words he wrote on the stall.

He wondered who the two could be, and whether or not they'd be even interested in learning his identity. Felix knew how he felt regarding that subject, but assumed that the other two probably just wanted to continue with the whole anonymous concept.

'that really sucks. wanna talk about it?' Felix cringed slightly to himself, wondering if this message would come out as intrusive. To top it off anyway, he took the time to add a small drawing of a stuffed bear, arms outstretched in a hugging position. He hoped that the small addition could provide the boy with comfort that he couldn't give irl.

He was aware of the growing issue within every area of the world, with the number of teenagers struggling with mental health practically skyrocketing over night. He would be lying if he said he wasn't worried for the boys well-being after taking that into consideration.

Capping the marker and placing it in his pencil case, Felix headed off to his second period class, ready to spend it how he usually did; drawing.

The English classroom was rowdier than usual once Felix arrived, and he sighed slightly upon realization that there was a substitute present. If it were any other class, he would've been grateful for the lack of work, however a substitute in this class meant noise, which would most definitely disrupt his train of thought.

He tossed his sketchbook onto his desk gently, before sliding into his seat and looking around the room. He wasn't intending on looking for anything in specific, but realized halfway through his scan of the classroom that he was looking for his seat mate. Hyunjin was late, as always, but what else could Felix expect from the elder boy.

The ginger began to sketch out the first thing to come to mind, allowing his pencil to take control as he kept the image in his mind.

An intricate sketch of Changbin stared back at Felix once he was finished, and his ears heated up upon the realization that he'd drawn one of his best friends (or .. someone he considered to be a best friend in his eyes) without putting much thought into it.

The elder boy stared back at him from the paper, eyes lit up just like how they were the previous day during lunch, a slight smile playing at his lips that was only noticeable if you were accustomed to his usual emotionless expression he displayed.

"Is that Changbin?"

Felix looked up at the voice, the source being Hyunjin, who was looking at the drawing with curiosity etched onto his features.

"Do you have a crush on him or something?" the elder inquired, sliding his seat closer to Felix to get a closer look at his sketchbook.

Felix felt blood rush to his cheeks as his face became a flustered shade of pink from the brunettes words.

"N-no," he stammered, closing his book quickly so Hyunjin couldn't stare at its contents any longer. "I just thought it was pretty."

Like that was really helping his case, yes, because he received an amused smile from Hyunjin, who obviously didn't believe his fib.

Honestly, Felix hadn't really been focusing on the feelings that were lingering within his chest. He knew that he was quite infatuated with Hyunjin, and for no apparent reason at all it seemed, however when it came to the other boy he hadn't really stopped to think about him in that way.

He realized he didn't hate that idea.

. . .

"You should really start bringing a lunch," Felix hummed, pushing half of his sandwich towards the raven haired boy beside him.

'i always forget' the boy typed into his notes as a response, pouting internally as the boy split his lunch in half for him. 'also, you don't have to share. i eat a big dinner usually'

Felix shrugged a bit, before taking a bite from his half of the sandwich. "I should really learn sign, that way we can communicate quicker."

Minho chimed into the conversation at this, the boy leaning towards them with a mouthful of chicken. "Its kind of hard to remember, but not if you're motivated enough," he commented, cheeks puffing up from the food stuffed in his mouth.

Minho and Hyunjin had decided to the join the other boys for lunch, seeing as Changbin and Minho seemed to enjoy their conversations with one another in sign, and Hyunjin and Felix had been forming a growing friendship over the span of the past few weeks.

Felix scooted closer to Hyunjin, who wasn't socializing much due to the fact that Changbin didn't seem to have the fondest feelings towards him.

"Whatcha doin'?" the ginger smiled, leaning his head against Hyunjins shoulder boldly and looking up at him.

"..Eating easy mac?" Hyunjin stated like it was obvious, gesturing towards the mac n cheese cup in front of him.

Felix paused for a moment, unsure of how to respond to that.

".. Are you busy Friday? After school?" the younger finally questioned, before immediately wondering what on earth he was doing afterwards.

Hyunjin shook his head a bit, before taking a bite of his food. "I don't have any plans, why?"

"We should go to the park again," Felix requested, hoping that Hyunjin would accept the offer. The ginger was under the impression that the two were actually beginning to form a good friendship, and he hoped that Hyunjin felt the same.

The elder boy smiled slightly, and a true, genuine one at that, before nodding in agreement.

"I'd love to."