三十五

Friday, November 1st

Felix awoke with a pounding headache from last night, trick or treating with his sister had done a toll on his body and he could already feel a cold coming on.

He questioned staying home from school the second his alarm went off, his cat whining at the shrill sound of the phone going off. Once his mom walked in the door he decided to stay home when he realized he his temperature was 104°.

"I guess the cold got to you," His mom suggested, pushing his hair back from his forehead.

Felix was unable to respond as a cough made its way out of him, his body feeling worse and worse by the second.

"Is it fine if someone comes over?" He asked, his words scratching his throat as he spoke.

Yunha slowly shook her head refusing the offer.

"I don't want you getting any friends s—"

"Please," Felix plead. "I don't want to be alone all day."

She gave him a look, hesitant at what her decision would be.

"I'll think about it," She sighed. "You need to get some rest though, why don't you go back to sleep."

Felix knew she would end up saying yes in the long run so, he found going back to sleep an easy task to complete. He laid back down and the second his head hit the pillow, his body lost consciousness.

Felixs eyes fluttered open, the bright sunlight streaming into his room. It had almost blinded the blonde making him begin to dread the day ahead of him already. He thought to make it better he would invite one of the boys over, he figured he would invite the smallest over since he hadn't seen him in quite some time.

He grabbed his phone, checking the time. The school day had been halfway gone and he already received text from multiple people as well as emails from the school.

Hyunjin💗🥺
-where are you?? 🥺
-sick?

Chris🤡
-get better soon dumbass
-you missed your latte :(

cute emo kid 🖤
-felix...?
- i missed you :/

Felixs heart swelled at the texts—besides Chris'— feeling bad for missing the school day. He replied to the two boys, and then continued to text Changbin. He sent him a quick 'will you come over today?' Then he shut his phone off, heading downstairs.

He went into the kitchen noticing things that his mom had left him. It was a small bottle of ginger ale and an orange—though Felix had despised the smell and taste of oranges, he appreciated the thought.

Near it was a small yellow sticky note, it read 'get better soon xx i'll be home at 5."

Felix smiled and took the soda bottle from the counter, moving to sit on the couch. The silence of his house had been killing him, the only sound was the buzz coming from the fridge. Once he heard his phone go off his attention immediately shot to it, checking the text that he got.

cute emo kid 🖤
-sure, ill be over after school.
-are you ok btw??

Felix smiled, happy at the thought that he wouldn't have to be alone all day. He sent Changbin a quick 'sick :(' before he moved to get off the couch.

Though Changbin had already seen his house, he always tried to clean up once he knew somebody was over. Since Oliva had all of her candy sprawled on the dinner table, Felix had to make sure there wasn't one chocolate wrapper laying on the table. He also took the time to tidy his room, too nervous as the fact that Changbin would be uncomfortable by the sight of a dirty room.

When he checked the time once again he had been exhausted, his body couldn't handle anymore movement. The school day had been close ending, so he figured Changbin would be at his door soon.

When he heard the doorbell ring he sprung up from his seat, rushing to open the door. Once it was sprung open he was met with the raven haired boy. He asked the smaller to come in, closing the door behind him.

"How was the party?" Felix asked, turning the golden lock on the door.

Changbin shrugged in reply, getting out his phone to speak to him.

'Stressful, we left half way through,' He typed, sending the phone Felixs way.

A frown found its way on to Felixs face, sad that he didn't end up having fun. He had known that the party scene wasn't for Changbin, which is what he tried to tell his boyfriend before he asked the raven haired.

"Well, at least you didn't get sick from trick or treating," Felix complained , moving to sit on the couch.

Changbin had joined the blonde soon after he took a seat, sinking into the sofa.

'I haven't been trick or treating in forever,' He replied. 'My mom used to take me.'

Felix gave the smaller a sad smile, he had known what happened with his mother though, he hadn't known the full story, and he didn't really plan on asking for it.

"We can raid Olivas candy to make up for it," Felix said, raising his brows to lure the elder.

Changbin let out a tiny laugh yet shook his head, rising from where he sat.

'No candy for you, you're sick.' Changbin typed. 'I'll make you something, wait.'

Felix tilted his head, confused at what the elder had meant as he made his way to the kitchen. He had sat on the couch as Changbin messed around in the kitchen, watching whatever had been on the television when he pressed the ON button. He had been to lazy to change the channel, so he just stuck with what he got.

Tires of being alone in the room, Felix trudged over to where Changbin worked. He noticed how fast the elder moved when he cooked, he guessed that he cooked alot while at home.

"It smells good in here," Felix said, sitting at one of the stools.

His words seemed to startle Changbin as he jumped in his place, the action coaxing a laugh out of Felix.

He spelled out the word 'soup' in sign language before doing the actual sign for it, Felix copying his movements.

'I cook for myself alot,' Changbin typed. 'after a while a pb&j sandwich was getting boring.'

Felix laughed, his eyes forming crescents as the smile formed on his face. The corners of Changbins mouth turned up at the sight.

Once the meal was finished Changbin put it in a bowl for Felix, serving it to the blonde.

"What about you?" Felix asked, sad eyes evident on his face.

Changbin signed 'not hungry' hoping that Felix would understand.

"No way," Felix said, making the elder grab a serving.

After the raven haired gave in, Felix smiled in triumph.

"C'mon we can watch cringey hallmark movies together."