Wednesday, October 2nd

"get up
your day is never gonna turn out
exactly how you want
hold yourself, there's no one else
and you know when the sun dies
none of this will matter half as much as you thought."

Felix had a pressing problem. Or more accurately, he had a crush.

It's never easy to identify that sickly butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling. It had been tormenting him since the moment he was quite unceremoniously awoken by the sound of his cat, Riceball, knocking a potted plant off his desk.

Felix didn't even bother to sweep up the pathetic pile of soil before dragging his half-asleep self out of bed and into Chris's car.

One steaming latte later, they pulled into the high school parking lot. At the time, Felix had no idea how one stupid mistake would change his life.

He'd stumbled straight into the spotlight, right where the school's resident rich boy could keep an eye on him.

Felix was the keeper of a dangerous secret, one that could get Hyunjin expelled if it ever got out.

All day long, he kept telling himself that he'd throw out the polaroid. ​Just forget about it. Hyunjin would kill you if he found out. ​But all day long, he stalled. He's just stand there, staring at Hyunjins stupid little smile, before stuffing it back into his bag.

A car swerved in front of him, followed by a string of curses and honking by it's driver.

"Sorry! Shit."

Felix's sneakers scuffed the curb as he leapt out of the street and onto the sidewalk, nearly causing him to fall flat on his face. ​I need a damn break.

The high school before him stood in all of its menacing glory, the artificial gingers throat feeling unnaturally dry the closer he got to it. He took a slow sip of his latte, which was beginning to grow cold, as he pushed open the front door and was welcomed by the bustling early morning hallways.

Dragging himself to first period was a hassle. Although he had always been a good student, always on top of his grades and taking careful notes, he couldn't bring himself to focus on the teachers monotonous voice.

I wonder what Hyunjin is wearing today.

Again, his mind was flooded with overwhelming thoughts about the elder boy. It was foolish of him to even consider having non-platonic feelings regarding him, however his thoughts were plagued with his smile, his carefree laughter seeming to echo within the walls of his mind.

Before he knew it, the days first two periods had flew by, and he still hadn't been able to bring himself to dispose of the polaroid.

Feeling defeated and frustrated by how his day was dragging on so far, the boy dragged himself to the closest bathroom to splash water onto himself.

You need to wake up, he thought to himself, turning on the faucet and staring down at the ceramic sink as water filled his cupped palms. 

Felix cringed as the chilled water came into contact with the skin of his face, however he shook the feeling off as he already felt himself becoming more awake than previously.

After a moment of staring at his own reflection, something within his mind seemed to almost click.

He was curious as to whether or not the mystery boy had added to his stall of feelings.