四十三

Thursday, November 7th

Felix awoke with a sore throat paired with a pounding headache. The temperature was beginning to drop, making getting sick an easy task to complete. Regardless, the blond had already stayed home that year, ruining his perfect attendance and he didn't plan on making it any worse.

Felix figured after getting up and consuming his daily dosage of caffeine, he would be fine. The latte helped with the boys headache, though the scratching at his throat had still remained. Felix wondered if he would even be able to make it through the first-period class.

When he walked in the algebra room the sound of reckless and obnoxious teens had filled the blonds ears indicating that there had been a sub. When he looked around he noticed that his seat had been taken, the only open one was luckily next to one of his friends, Minho.

He took a seat next to the boy, placing his backpack beside him.

When he sat down Minho hadn't even looked over at him, his eyes trained on whatever had been in front of him. His face held a blank stare, beginning to frighten Felix.

"Minho?" Felix called the boys name, trying his best to raise of voice over the students.

The elder jumped in his seat once Felix had called his name, the sound seeming to frighten him out of his trance.

"Oh, hey Felix," the brunet said once gained consciousness.

"Are you...okay?" Felix asked, placing his sketchbook on his desk.

Minho gave a stiff nod in reply, nervously scratching the back of his head. The way he acted had made Felix begin to think he was lying, covering up how he truly felt.

Though he wanted to talk about it with the elder, he felt as if it wasn't his place to ask. The two weren't as close as Felix had wanted, but he hadn't planned on doing anything to change that fact, his anxiety racing the second he thought of starting a conversation.

"Fuck," He heard Minho whisper, a hand reaching up to wipe his nose.

As Felix looked over he saw blood dripping from the chestnut haired boys nose, a sight Felix had seen too often.

"Sorry to interrupt," Felux quickly spoke, holding onto Minhos arm to pull him out of the chair. "I have to take Minho to the nurse."

Felix gave the teacher a quick smile before dragging the elder out of the room, Minhos firing a list of insults and complaints to the blond.

Once the two had exited the classroom, Felix closed the door behind him pulling Minho to the side.

"This is the second time this week," Felix stated, a worried tone laced through his voice. "Are you sure you're okay?"

A sigh escaped Minhos mouth as he tilted his head back, stopping the blood from falling down his face.

"I'm fine," Minho replied. "I get alot of nosebleeds during winter."

"Bullshit."

The words escaped Felixs mouth carelessly, an unknown protective side coming out of him.

"You constantly have nosebleeds, space out in class and you never eat at lunch anymore," Felix spurred out a list of symptoms. "My mom works at a rehabilitation center, Minho..."

"Felix, im fine," Minho pressed the words on, it was as if he was trying to convince himself rather than Felix.

Felix sighed, tired from the conversation already. He knew what had been happening to Minho, but it seemed as if the elder didn't want to accept it himself.

"I'm just trying to look out for you," Felix mumbled, turning around to walk back in the classroom.

He left Minho outside the door, in hope that the elder would find his was to the nurses office  instead of skipping the class.

Once he stepped back in, the sound of the students began to fill his ears once again.

Felix could already feel his headache coming back.

. . .

Felix laid on his bed, accompanied by his boyfriend, Changbin. He had asked the elder to come over after his encounter with Minho, the blond had felt like he needed to talk to someone about it.

"I-I just want the best for him..." Felix's voice faded out, becoming a low whisper by the end. "If its what I think it is, I don't want him to ruin his life."

Changbin nodded his head in reply to the blond words, upset at the fact that he couldn't give a genuine reply.

"Well you're close with him," Felix said, turning to face the elder. "What do you think?"

Changbin rustled in his bookbag for his phone, opening the notes app once he got ahold of it.

'I don't want to see him get hurt,' He typed. 'i've already seen my mom get hurt from drugs, I don't want to see it happen to Minho too.'

A frown formed on Felix's face once he read the words, yet felt proud of Changbin for being able to open up to him, he knew how difficult it could be.

"I wish I could help," Felix sighed.

'Me too'

Part of Felix had felt bad for mentioning the topic to Changbin, his words clearly bringing up bad memories that the elder had. Though, Felix hadn't known before this day, so it wasn't if he had been trying to torment him.

By the time it hit eight o'clock Changbin had to depart from the blond, Felix gave the elder a quick kiss before he left on his skateboard.

Watching as the male left, Felix made a mental note to ask his mother about the chestnut-haired boy.