三十六

Saturday, November 2nd

Hyunjin and Felix wanted to hang out that weekend.

Changbin looked down at his phone, chewing on his lip anxiously as he scrolled through the messages of the group chat that they had created.

Dumb Idiots and Bin

Jin 🖤:
we should all
hang out at felix's
sent 11:29am

Lix 🧚‍♀️:
!! my mom said
that we can. she'll
make dinner too!
sent 11:30am

Jin🖤:
are you down,
bin?
sent 11:31am

Jin🖤:
bin~
sent 11:31am

Lix🧚‍♀️:
BINNN
sent 11:32am

Changbin hesitated as he scanned through the messages, his mind reflecting back to what had occurred the last time he snuck out of the house. Truthfully, all he felt was pure terror at even the thought of going through what he did to that extreme a second time, however a part of him ached to leave his home, his mind and heart taking opposing sides in the debate.

i don't think that
my dad will let me.
sent 11:40am

Jin🖤:
boooo
just sneak out 👀
sent 11:40am

i'll get in trouble
sent 11:43am

Lix🧚‍♀️:
well, if you CAN
come, meet us at
12 :D
sent 11:43am

ok
sent 11:47am

Changbin let out a frustrated sigh after hitting send, tossing his phone in front of him on his bed and beginning to zone out as he stared at the place where it sat on the bed.

Should I even bother asking? he thought to himself, before glancing at the clock on his beside table.

He knew that if he was persistent enough with asking if he could go then he would most likely give in, however that wouldn't go by without a price for him being bothersome. His father wasn't always cruel when it came to things like this, however Changbin was afraid of the outcome if his father was in a particularly bad mood. If his luck was truly run out, he wouldn't even get a no, and would probably just get a swift punishment instead.

Changbin looked over at one of his empty bags that sat scattered by his closet, wondering briefly if he should just stuff his bag full with clothing to stay the weekend at Felix's.

He glanced at his phone, blood beginning to be drawn from his lip as he continued his nervous fidgeting with the skin between his teeth. He picked up the device, before typing a quick message to the group chat.

on my way.
sent 11:52am

. . .

Changbin fidgeted with the hem of his hoodie anxiously as he waited for somebody to open the door of Felix's house, wondering briefly if his three knocks were solid enough for somebody to hear.

The door swung open moments later, revealing two grinning faces which belonged to his friends.

"We were beginning to think you weren't gonna show up," Felix pouted, the blond grabbing onto Changbins hand and pulling him through the door gently.

Changbin only forced a small smile, shaking his head a bit. His eyes raked over the younger boys neck as they hugged, eyeing the varied hickeys that were scattered among the skin. He could say confidently that he'd never given nor received one, however a part of him was admittedly curious.

"We were just watching movies," Hyunjin hummed to the elder as they embraced as a greeting, Changbin nodding a bit in response to show that he was interested.

The three travelled upstairs, Changbin looking around his surroundings simply just to distract himself from the overwhelming doubt of his safety that was beginning to overtake his mind. He was torn between trying to enjoy his time with the boys and simply backing out altogether before his father could notice his absence.

They all piled onto Felix's bed, which was unmade with several comforters thrown onto the mattress. Changbin immediately hugged a pillow, the two younger boys sharing a concerned glance at the raven haired boys behavior.

Felix pressed play on the movie that was playing in his computer, he and Hyunjin embracing the boy that was squished between them to provide him with as much comfort as humanly possible.

Changbin watched the movie with peaked interest, his investment in the film distracting him momentarily from his own thoughts.

The film continued on, the boys sitting in silence as Hyunjin played with Changbins onyx strands gently before the elder sat up like he was on a mission.

He paused the film, Felix and Hyunjin looking at him patiently as they awaited for whatever he had to tell them.

The boy pointed towards the screen, where the character could be seen smiling, and he gestured towards the snake-bite piercings that he had, before pointing to his own face.

"You want.. piercings?" Hyunjin inquired, eyebrows quirking curiously. "I've given a few.. but never lip piercings."

Changbin only shrugged, before repeating the same motions between the computer and his own face once again.

One trip to Felix's mothers sewing kit and another to Olivia's room to steal two beaded stud earrings, Changbin was seated on the edge of Felix's bathtub, ice pressed against his bottom lip as he stared at the sewing needle in front of him in terror.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Hyunjin questioned as he pulled rubber gloves onto his hands, a towel and rubbing alcohol ready for them to use on the side.

Changbin knew that there was a 99.9% (maybe even higher) chance of his father punishing him for the act that he was about to do, however a part of him was on fire, burning with the desire for even just one second of freedom.

Just one decision he could finally say that he made for himself, even if it was rebellious and a stupid decision he might regret in the future. He was a teenager, fueled by his teenage spirit and in that moment he was running off of pure impulsive decisions and rebellion that flowed through his veins like his own blood.

He nodded in response, putting two thumbs up to truly put emphasis on how badly he wanted this.

Truthfully, he'd always wanted piercings. Perhaps rushing right into lip rings (two, at that) wasn't his greatest decision, however he couldn't even feel his own nerves that would usually be sending his heart into a frenzy.

Instead, his heart beat against his rib cage at a steady pace, his breathing 100% controlled as Hyunjin approached him with the sewing needle that had been previously cleaned with rubbing alcohol (we stay as safe and sanitary as possible when making impulsive decisions, of course).

Felix gripped onto Changbins hand, whether it was to steady the elder or simply because the blond was afraid of needles was a mystery to both boys.

With his hands staying as steady as humanly possible, Hyunjin pulled Changbins lip out as gently as he could before pushing the needle through the numbed skin, immediately replacing the thin metal with a studded piercing and repeating the same process on the other side of his mouth.

Changbin hardly even flinched, and Hyunjin wasn't sure how to feel on that just yet.