Chapter 26

Hope woke up, stretching while the sun hits her face. And she smiled. She ran all night with her dad and couldn't feel happier. She looked at the chair next to her expecting to see him....but she didn't. She immediately began to panic and flung back the covers. As soon as her feet hit the floor, her room door swung open. "Hope? Your heart sped up are you alright sweetheart?"
She breathed a sigh of relief. He was still here. "Im ok. Just didn't see you..."
"We didnt want to wake you, Alaric's found some new information on the portal wizard. Get dressed and come downstairs" he smiled and left.
As cryptic as that sounded, she was still happy she had her dad. The 24 hours was almost up. And she really didn't want him to go.
She went downstairs to see her dad, Alaric, Kaleb, Landon and Josie standing in a circle looking at a slideshow. Somebody had alot of time on their hands. She thought to herself.
"Hey Hope, welcome to the supersquad meeting." Said Kaleb still in his pajamas.
"Alright so this is what we've compiled so far. Portal wizards hailed from Germany, wiped out by Klaus, etc But they can only create portals to places they've been. Which means, he cannot conjure a dinosaur or a dragon as he claimed. Now, he was able to get Klaus because when portal wizards are at the end of their mortal life they die and go to the afterlife where he was. He can make a portal to malivore because thats where he's been. Im thinking, we need to convince him to create a portal back to the afterlife. So he can die and we can return Klaus. Landon stays safe and possibly be able to prevent the return of another monster."
"Wait what, return him??" Hope was confused. She didnt want to give up her dad. She thought thats what the plan was.
"Hope...I cannot stay here. I gave up my life so you can live in peace. If I stay here, all of the Dark Angels who guard the supernatural afterlife will come for me. And that would put you in more danger."
"Okay so we kill the dark angels?!" Hopes voice rose with each word.
Alaric chimed in:
"Which isn't possible as they all are immortal considering they have never truly been alive and if possible to kill them that would leave the afterlife unguarded and every dead supernatural would be able to come back. It would be the whole anchor, otherside situation all over again."
Hope felt helpless and it showed all over her face. Klaus felt his heart breaking.
"We dont have to talk about this right now." He rubbed her shoulders and she moved back from him.
"Well when were we gonna talk about it?! In 4 hours when you're gone again?!" Hope stormed off. Klaus whirled around to face Alaric. "How do we kill a dark angel?"
Alaric shook his head "Klaus, no you're dead, can't you just stay dead?"
"As soon as my child no longer needs me"
"She'll always need you. You're her father"
"Well i guess we have about 4 hours to figure out another plan then. Ill go to hell if i have to." They both just stared at each other. Arguing about it was pointless. Klaus wasnt a man to accept a no. Everyone started opening books.

*4 hours later*
Right on time, electricity crackled in the air in the main room. Klaus and Alaric no closer to their far fetched goal of killing a Dark Angel. They just needed to buy some time.
"Hope, come down here"
Hope ran in, butterflies in her stomach. Nervous and afraid. Josie walked up to her and grabbed her hand.
Josie leaned in to Hope and whispered "Hey so, i've got a plan. Dont worry everything is gonna work out."
Although confused, Hope squeezed her hand to say she understood. The portal opened and out popped the portal wizard. With a to-go cup from starbucks.
Hope almost lost it trying to hold back her laughter.
"Fancy some caffine old man?" Klaus snickered and took a step back. He was gonna rush him, get the sceptre. Kill the wizard and deal with whatever demon from the supernatural demension came to get him later.
"Ooh yes, its very good. I wish i would've had this back in my time!" He was shaking, clearly on a caffeine high "I could've toured the whole world in a fortnite. See we germans like our bee-
In the blink of an eye, klaus had the sceptre and was on the far side of the room.
"Trickery!" The old man stomped his feet like an angry troll and threw down a potion and disappeared. His Starbucks cup dropped to the floor. Alaric raised his crossbow
"Oh great, he's invisible!" Everyone got into position ready to attack anything that moved.
"No matter." *klaus flashed to the top of a bookshelf and sat. "I know those old knees can't climb very well. I can hear your scared heartbeat old man, lets have a chat. I'll return this thing, if you create a portal to the afterlife and stay there. Malivore can no longer reach you, and I get to stay in my daughters life. Sounds like a win win."
Another potion broke behind a lamp and the old man appeared. And why would I do that for you?
Josie spoke: "because if you don't, we'll just create a portal to kill you. We know how it works. You can't run forever" Hope was proud. She would get to keep her dad and Landon would be safe so she could be guilt free. This was perfect.
"If i go, more monsters will keep coming. As im no longer of this realm. " the wizard peered at klaus. Hoping to get some clue if he was telling the truth or not.
Klaus hopped down. "Well some would call me the worst monster that ever lived. So do we have a deal?"
The wizard grumbled and muttered to himself. "Fine. But no more tricks!"
Klaus opened the portal and laid the sceptre down next to it.
"Have a nice trip old man."
The wizard shuffled slowly to it muttering he hoped they put a starbucks up there.
"Dont forget this! *Windchuto*"
Josie blew in her hands and Landon flew off the ground and knocked into the wizard. Sending them both barrelling through the portal without the sceptre.