Chapter 20

At the sound of the principal's voice calling your name you immediately opened the door, stepping timidly into the room as you eyed it for the first time.

There was no one inside when you entered, the dark and antique decorated room seemingly empty of people.

You half-tiptoed into the center of the room, noting the various magical objects placed conspicuously on shelves around the spacious office

Your name being called by apparently nobody was a faraway thought now as you made your way over to the large dark oak desk.

"Ah, there you are!" A cheerful voice called from behind you.

You jumped and spun around, clutching at your chest in shock.

Standing in the door way you had just come through was the principal herself.

"I was wondering when you would stop by, but perhaps we had a little too much fun last night?" She sang, gliding elegantly into the room so she could sit back behind her desk.

You hadn't uttered a word yet, far too enchanted by her powerful presence to make a sound.

"Have a seat dear" She said, once more breaking the silence in the room and pointing to the empty chair across from her.

You awkwardly shuffled over to it, plopping down and crossing your legs as if you could suddenly make yourself seem presentable in your disheveled state.

You were really starting to feel guilty about not at least putting makeup on or brushing your hair.

Its like you weren't even trying to look like you didn't just wake up.

"Now I can imagine you are still trying to get a grasp on the events that unfolded yesterday, having had such a monumental and might I add, historical, magical breakthrough."

You hummed in response, agreeing with her.

She's got that right.

"We here at the academy, and every other academy for that matter, have never had the pleasure of having a student with three affinities in our ranks, let alone all five. As you can imagine, we are all in a bit of shock over the... situation.
I had a meeting with our professors last evening to discuss what we should do with this new development. Contacting the Elders was, of course, one of the options."

You felt your heart start to quicken in your chest at her last words.

The absolute last thing you wanted was to be outed to the Elders.

The same people who, rumor had it, commanded the hunt of Elemental Enchanters and Enchantress' in all of the old folk tales.

As you shifted uncomfortably in your seat, the principal immediately noticed your discomfort.