|| 20 || [Revised]

Chapter 20: Riot

Steven's Point Of View

Sometimes I don't get it how girls' mind works. One time they're nice, the second they're like this. It is hard especially for me to pick up signs and signals by anyone and this? I don't even know what I did for her to act like that.

Now that I think about it, she only acted like that whenever we're talking about Eliza or whenever we are with her. In fact, she was vigorous and she doesn't even care about how dangerous it was to attack the enemies head on. Basta sumugod siya sa mga ito na wala man lamang pasabi, and it makes me feel annoyed for some reasons.

She's a very special friend of mine. I don't know, I feel really close to her before, especially since I only felt this way about her before. She's that very first person who made me feel like I could chase a thousand stars as long as I am with her.

What is going on with me? I don't even know myself, not anymore.

After Christa fled the scene and I tried to follow her, Ashley went in the way and shook her head slowly as if to tell me not to follow her yet.

"Kapag umalis ka dito, walang maiiwan sa kaibigan mo, Kuya and I don't want to stay here and talk to her either." sabi nito na ikinabuntong hininga ko na lamang.

"Okay. I'll stay here... But I'll talk to her later" sagot ko naman dito na tinanguan naman niyang kaagad before her eyes landed somewhere else. Sinundan ko ang titig niya at nakitang nakatingin pala siya sa dereksyon ni Eliza. Kaagad ko namang nabatid ang nais na ipahiwatig ng mga titig niya kung kaya naman naisipan ko ng ipakilala siya sa kapatid ko.

I took her hand and gently dragged her towards my friend na kaagad na napatitig saamin as soon as we approached her.

"Eliza, I have forgotten to introduce you to everyone yet. I want you to meet----" napatigil ako sa pagpapakilala sa kaniya sa kapatid ko ng nakakita kami ng isang barrier na bumalot sa isang portion ng Starting City out of nowhere. Puno ng pagtataka kaming maglakad palabas ng forest na iyon to check if what we saw was actually there or not. What was going on there?

"What was that?" tanong ni Ashley as she stared at the City from the distance. Napashrug na lamang ako ng balikat dahil maging ako ay hindi rin alam kung ano ang nangyayari.

It didn't take long though and we were able to hear someone's voice from everywhere. It was something similar to dad's voice during the beta whenever she tells us that the testing for that day was over.

"Greetings, dear players." bulong ng naturang boses. It wasn't dad's voice, mas bata ang isang ito ngunit parang may kung ano rito ang nagpapakulo ng duo ko. Pagkatapos ay nagawa pa nitong magawa. "Why, afraid of my presence? You did not expect this day to come, aren't you?"

"Who was that?" tanong ni Eliza na nakamasid sa paligid namin habang nakakunot ang noo.

"I don't know myself." sagot ko naman dito as we continued to listen to what more the guy has to say. As we continued to listen to him, hindi ko maiwasang hindi mapatiim ang bagang sa inis sa mga bagay na naririnig ko sa kaniya.

What the hell is he trying to say?! That was when he mentioned the log out button and the mechanics of the game itself. Binuksan ko ang sariling menu by sliding my hand downwards on the space in front of me and selected the last option from the five of them, only to find that there were only two remaining sub options there now. The log out button was indeed missing!