|| 18 || [Revised]

Again, I am revising the whole chapter so it would look and sound a lot different than the previous one. Pardon me for any grammatical mistakes as I just woke up when I started writing this.

I might also add new chapters in between the old ones that might serve as filler chapters. Watch out for those.

- Vultures

----

Chapter 18: Jealousy?

I laughed, looking at my friend as she stared at the boar not too far from her which was also staring back at her as if asking her a question, or telling her that staring was bad.

"Come on, you gotta gain more levels," I whispered, pointing at the boar standing on its four feet not too far from our current position.

"Well, fine. Let's do this." sagot naman nito and raised her cane in the air as she drew herself a bit closer to her enemy. Then, a ball of something started to emerge from the top of the cane that wasn't that big nor that small in terms of size.

Ipinalipad iyon ni Eliza or Lucid in game, towards her enemy and it grunted in pain as soon as the ball of energy touched it's skin and exploded. Ginawa niya iyon ng ilang ulit pa to continue reducing the health points of her enemy until it turned into million pieces of shattered glass.

Makailang ulit din naming ginawa iyon para makapagpalevel pa siya at makakuha ng enough na drops for her advancement as well. Soon enough, she reached level 5 and we decided to go back to the town to buy new weapon and few potions for her lalo na nga at sasabak na kami sa mas delikadong parte ng map for beginners.

Doon, she gained seven more levels so now she's practically level 12. A few levels away from me before I went to play the game on my own and gain few more levels on my own.

Ipinagpatuloy lang namin ang pagpapalevel sa kaniya until she reached level 17 while I am level 25. We decided to finally go on a quest, the one I stumbled upon back at the tavern, and she said yes naman so we decided to go to the small village at the other side of the forest I was too afraid of crossing yet.

As we reached the said village, kaagad kaming nagtungo as bahay ng village elder na magbigay saamin ng mga detalye ng quest na ito.

"Please.... Help us defend ourselves from these monsters and save... Our villagers... " pagwiwika nito. "W-we're willing to pay you with everything we have."

"Right. But how do we save these people?" tanong ko naman dito and received few odd looking potions from him. Sinabihan rin niya ako na kung mauubusan man kami ng potions ay huwag mag alin-langang magtungo sa mage nila na nakatira sa northern most part ng village.

After that, we both set out for the journey to the forest surrounding this village. Ayon sa elder, they were suffering from something, perhaps a curse? Ogres started to emerge from anywhere and it infected their villagers as well. Wala na silang mga sariling weapons to fight them at nakita rin namin na halos wala ng katao tao sa lugar na yon as if they were taken one by one.

As soon as we were able to spot a platoon of these weird green creatures holding a bat as their weapons, kaagad na sinabihan ko si Lucid to attack them with her staff first and then susugod ako with her following closely behind.

I landed a slash on one of them with it's HP drastically dropping from full to half bar. Kaagad na nakakuha ng pansin ng iba pang ogres and ginawa ko at nagsimula na ring lapitan kami, swinging their weapons at our direction. Todo pag-iwas naman ang ginagawa ko at sinigurong hindi nila ako matatamaan.