|| 19 || [Revised]

Another revision done today. Rushed this to make sure that I could at least accomplish two more chapters and publish them before my data expires. Wi-Fi connection here sucks so I have no choice but to use data for this (for now, that is)

- Vultures

----

Chapter 19: Aftermath

Steven's Point Of View

And the fight was finally done. Pagod na napaupo ako sa ilalim ng isang punong pinakamalapit saamin at saka bumuntong hininga. Finally, it was done. We were finally done with the hunting part of the quest. All we need to do now is to go back to the elder to complete the quest. Speaking of which....

I took a glance around me at nakita ko si Christa na nakasandal sa isa ring punong hindi kalayuan saakin na masama ang titig saakin, si Ashley ay nasa tabi niya at pasalit-salit kaming tinitigan na dalawa. Si Eliza naman ay nakaupo sa isang bato at halatang iniiwasan ang titig ng dalawa pa naming kasama.

Nilapitan ko siya at ngumiti. I want to at least make her feel better, at masyado ng nagiging awkward ang paligid ko. "Hey," pagbati ko rito, dahilan upang iangat niya ang ulo at ngitian din ako pabalik.

"Oh hey," bati nito under her breath.

I pointed at the space beside her and asked, "Is it okay for me to sit beside you?"

Kaagad naman siyang tumango dito at mas lumapad ang ngiting namumutawi sa kaniyang labi. There. She looks more beautiful with a smile on her face.

"Yeah" sagot nito.

"You don't look fine to me. Want to talk?"

----

Christa's Point Of View

What is this? Why do I feel like this?

Kanina while we were fighting the ogres, nakita ko kung gaano kaprotective si Steven sa kasama niya. Heh. Maybe she wasn't strong enough to fight on her own. I still remember how he stared at her as he slayed the ogre behind her, wanting to kill her with one slash. It was as if they've known each other for so long, even longer than us.

I must admit, it made me feel weird, it made me feel annoyed and upset about her presence.

Bumuntong hininga ako at saglit na ipinikit ang mga mata to clear my head somehow. I don't know, parang iba ang pakiramdam ko ngayon and it makes me want to do something about those two people talking from the across this camp.

Seriously, anong nangyayari saakin? Why do I feel like I want to kill whoever that person is, and punch Steven's face for talking to her and not me. I should be mad at him! He ditched us for his new friend!

"Dammit." bulong ko at nagsimulang maglakad palayo sa kanila. I don't want to stay here any further. Nagkakaroon ako ng masamang pakiramdam tungkol dito. I don't like this, not one bit. Baka makapatay ako rito ng wala sa oras.

"Where are you going, Ate Christa?" tanong ng kung sino na batid ko namang si Ashley. It stopped me from walking away and turned to look at her again, still with an annoyed look on my face.