Knights of Light PT. 1

Start from the beginning

Keith and the others rushed to my side in an instant. It was clear that I couldn't walk, so Keith picked me up bridal style and we went down the halls to Allura's room.

The door opened and Allura lay unconscious on the bed dressed in Garrison medical clothes, with Coran and Lance standing by her side.

"Zurine, thank goodness you're all right." Coran said relieved.

"More or less." I joked, "Keith could you set me next to Allura?"

Keith nodded as Lance grabbed a nearby chair and Keith sat me down next to the bed.

I looked down sadly at Allura's sleeping face. I grabbed her hand from under the covers and closed my eyes, concentrating on the entity inside her.

"You all should leave." Coran said, "We'll take care of these teo for a while."

Keith was hesitant to leave, but he nodded and reluctantly left the room with the others.

All of a sudden, I felt my heart stop for a second or two, a dark feeling washing over me before fading just as quickly.

I opened my eyes slowly at the same time Allura woke up. She gasped in shock as her eyes shot open with a tinge of fear lingering in them.

"Allura, are you okay?" Lance asked as she caught her breath.

"What's going on? Where am I?" Allura asked as she sat up and looked around the room.

"You're in the medical bay." Coran said.

"When we got back from Clear Day, we found you collapsed on the ground." Lance said.

"You and Zurine have been asleep for two quintants." Coran said.

Allura gasped and saw me smiling weakly from her bedside.

"Zurine, what are they talking about? Are you all right?" She asked worryingly, but I nodded to reassure her that I was fine for now.

"Princess, the entity... it's missing." Coran informed sadly, "Did you..."

Allura down and away from us in guilt, "I did what needed to be done." She said.

"No." Coran gasped. I looked up at Lance and frowned at his confused expression.

"What needed to be done? What are you talking about?" He asked.

Allura looked down at her hand, "This entity, it is connected to Honerva in some way. I believe we can use it."

"Use it? I..." Lance trailed off.

"Allura." I said sternly, surprising everyone in the room, "This entity is dangerous to you, it's filled with so much hate and darkness from the Dark One."

"The Dark One?" She repeated in confusion.

I sighed and began to tell her everything, "I heard about this Dark One from the White Lion of Oriande. He explained that this darkness is dark quintessence filled with pure hatred and malice. I felt the same type of anger and malice from the entity. It belonged to Honerva. Allura, the Dark One is too great for anyone to hold even a small fraction. It will continue to grow until nothing good is left. Honerva, Zarkon and Lotor are examples of what would happen it it takes over. I don't want that to happen to you."

Coran, Lance ans Allura stayed silent, their eyes wide as they digested the information I explained.

After a moment or two of silence, Coran and Lance looked down in sadness, their own thoughts about the matter swirling in their heads.

"I swore to your father that I would look after you, but I fear I may have let him down." Coran said before looking up at Allura, "Like Zurine said, this is dangerous. This is the path of darkness."