31

Chapter 31: Family

═════ 👑 ═════

~(Y/N)~

Sitting on the ground surrounded by people, I watched as the police apprehended King Darius. Pulling him up off the ground they took him back to the car in which they contained him in with cuffs. I hoped he'd never be able to get out of prison for this.

Levi was now laying flat on the ground beside me as Hanji looked over his wounds. When she deemed he would be alright they all stood back and waited. I trusted Hanji's word and remained by the short man.

Thankfully the fight didn't last long, any longer then Levi and I would probably be dead. I held myself while waiting for Levi to wake. "Your Highness we need to get you someplace-" I stopped listening when I heard soft groans.

I twist back not realizing my hand was going to hit Levi, it was too late and it already did. "Oh- I'm sorry Levi," I say as I get up and sit on my knees. I grab his shoulders making sure I didn't hurt him more. "Are you alright?" I ask.

Rubbing his cheek where I hit, he nods slowly while keeping his eyes locked on mine. "I thought you were headed to-"

"I was." he cuts in.

"You didn't take the money," I mumble.

"I couldn't." he retorts.

"Why?" I ask although I was sure I knew the answer to that.

"Because I..." he trails off as my fingertips trace over his bottom lip, so many times before we were so close to breaking the tension between us. And just as we were about to yet again, finally share our first kiss. But someone had to clear their throat and grab our attention, prolonging this ongoing tension and need. I let out a sigh and sit back, Levi does the same also looking annoyed while doing so. We both turn to look at Hanji who held my tiara that had fallen off my head after I jump from Darius's car.

"They're waiting for you," she says softly, then she hands me the tiara. Looking down at it I let out a sigh. Finding my family was all I ever wanted, and I did. But then I thought back to what Erwin had said to me that day on the bridge.

~Memory~

"What's on your mind?" I hear a familiar voice say from behind me.

"Just nervous...if we keep walking we should get to Balis this evening," I mutter.

Erwin hums softly. "Yes...and you will find your family, hopefully," he says.

I shrug. "Maybe...or maybe it'll be another dead end," I say as I lean forward resting my head on my crossed arms that rested on the railing.

"You shouldn't worry, you never know what will happen. And if you are right and it's a dead-end then we have room for another," he says.

Looking at him I stand up straight. "Really?" I ask softly, and almost happily.

He smiles and nods before resting his massive hand on top of mine. "The way I see it, family doesn't have to be built by blood...but love," he mutters, his shoulders shrug as he turns away blushing softly.

Slipping my hand out from under his I lean in and wrap my arms around his waist. "Thank you, Erwin," I whisper.

~Memory Over~

I stand up and turn back, extending my hand down Levi takes it and I hoist him up to his feet. Our hands remain together as I look at Hanji, Erwin, and Mikasa. It was time to make a decision, and I knew now what I really wanted.

═════ 👑 ═════