13

Chapter 13: For Certain

═════ 👑 ═════

~(N/N)~

Back in the cabin after the incident, Levi didn't sleep and neither did I. I was too shaken up by the dream and the fact that I nearly jump off the ship all because of a dream. My clothes were wet, so Levi gave me an extra blanket to keep warm with.

Again he looked at each other this time not falling asleep at all. I was afraid I'd have the dream again, and Levi probably feared I'd go running off unconsciously again. I watch his eyes drift down and he points at the necklace.

"Where did you get that?" he asks.

I glance down and pick it up showing it to him a little better. "I've had it for as long as I can remember....it's supposed to open but I can't get it to," I explain softly.

He hums softly while keeping his eyes on it.

~Levi~

Where have I seen it before? It looks so familiar. "Hmm, interesting," I mutter as I lean back. Laying on my back looking at the ceiling the images of my past came flooding back as I try to remember where I saw the necklace.

My eyes widened when I realize, turning my head I look to (N/N), she was now sleeping peacefully. Before yes I believed she had similar features as the princess...but that necklace it...No, stop it...you don't know that for certain.

Turning back on my side facing her I watch her sleep soundly, her shoulders moving slowly with each breath she took. My right hand comes up gently sweeping across her uninjured cheek moving strands of hair from her face.

If she was the princess, then she was just as beautiful as I remembered. Pulling my hand back I let out a sigh. I didn't get much sleep after that, because I just watched her making sure she wouldn't run off again, or toss and turn from another nightmare.

But while watching her the memories of my childhood came to mind, and how I was just a servant boy in the palace. Required to clean, cook and repeat. Nothing more, and if I were found interacting with someone of higher status I would've been punished. Luckily now I was out of there, and free.

~Flashback~

Running out of the kitchen during one of the balls, I came to the main room where the party was taking place. I stood behind one of the pillars watching as the royals elegantly danced around the room.

Once I was able to do things around the palace the other servants put me to work, with little breaks I managed to slip past the guards to watch from a distance. I watched as he ran up to her mother who sat on the throne to the right of the king. Running up to the other pillar I watched her as she was given a gift.

Her mother handed her a small box, watching her daughter open it she pulls out a necklace. Her eyes light up before she puts it on, spinning around her mother clips it at the back before she turns around to show it off to her mother.

~Flashback Over~

Grumbling softly I rest my hand over my eyes. She should've found it, or got a similar one...that doesn't mean she's the princess.

Looking back at her again I let out a sigh. But even if she wasn't the princess...I couldn't help but feel this way. And so quickly. I roll my eyes at the thoughts running through my head about me and her. She could do so much better.

═════ 👑 ═════