34

Chapter 34: Always

═════ 👑 ═════

~ 2 Days Later~

~(M/N)~

After receiving the first letter from (Y/N) telling me her decision to go with the man she loved. I received yet another.

Dear Mother,

Thank you for everything. We will be together again soon. For now, I am with my newly wedded husband. I wish you the best and ask that you look after Davidson until we return. We're taking this time as our honeymoon. I love you, and will see you soon!

Forever Yours, (Y/N) (L/N)

I smile before handing it off to (A/N) who gushes at upon reading it. "They've eloped...how romantic, it's the perfect ending," she says walking away.

I shake my head. "No, it's a perfect beginning," I mutter to myself while staring out through the window.

And right on cue, (Y/N)'s pet Davidson jumps up on the sofa, purring softly I go and sit beside him. He climbs on my lap rubbing his head against me as I stroke along his spine. I was happy for them and glad that (Y/N) chose what path she wanted to take. And now that Darius was in prison, the people of Sinira were going to be voting for a temporary king until they could find something more...permanent. As for Darius, he's getting the punishment he deserves.

~Hanji~

Erwin and I stood outside the stables as Mikasa came walking out with a horse all ready to leave. "Are you sure you don't want to stay? Wait until Levi and (Y/N) come back?" I ask.

She smiles and shakes her head in response. "No, I know where to find you. I've got to hit the road explore the world, or something like that. I'll write." she says after climbing onto her horse. Grabbing onto the reigns she gently taps at the horses' sides with her feet making it walk forward.

"I'll come back eventually, but I'll see you guys," Mikasa says, with no other words ushered from our mouths she took off, the horse rushes past the gate and out into the woods going where ever it was Mikasa intended to go.

Turning back to Erwin I smile. "Looks like it's just us bushy brows," I say locking my arm with his as we walk back towards the house.

"For now, until then what do you suggest we do?" Erwin asks.

I smile up and him and shrug. "Stay? We make more money working for the Queen then we did conning people." I say.

Erwin smiles and nods before looking past me. "Yes...we do, and at least we have a roof over our head," he mutters.

Before our conversation could continue another servant came running towards us. "The Queen has called for you to meet in her office." the young man says.

I nod in response. "Alright, we'll be there," Erwin tells him. The man runs off back inside and I turn my attention back to the tall blonde.

"After that, come have lunch with me," Erwin says now grabbing my hands. Looking up at him I smile gently and nod my head in response. It was something we had been doing now since starting to work for (M/N). And for now it would just be us, so who knows what could happen while (Y/N) and Levi were away making babies or something.

"Okay," I say with a soft timid smile. The both of us start walking back towards the house again, quickly we head up to the Queen's office to see what she needed. With Erwin at my side, we took our orders from the Queen then got to work. I was happy to work here, (Y/N)'s mother was a generous woman, and I couldn't think of any reason to move on. They were my family. Always.

Walking out of the room, I turn the corner to head towards the cleaning supply closet when I run into someone. "Oh sorry-" I look up to see who I had run into, he had light brown hair and golden eyes. "I'm really sorry..." I trail off hoping to catch the man's name.

"Moblit...Moblit Berner, and it's alright I should've looked where I was going," he says as his eyes avert my gaze. A soft blush rises in his cheeks as he looks down timidly. I chuckle at his response and reaction.

"My name is Hanji, Hanji Zoe." I introduce. He looks up at me and smiles gently, then his right hand reaches for the back of his neck where he rubbed it nervously.

"Nice to meet you," he says.

═════ 👑 ═════