11

Chapter 11: Keep Moving

═════ 👑 ═════

~(N/N)~

The next day, after an interesting dance lesson with Levi, right now I was out on the deck again looking out at the ocean. Soon I would have to return to the cabin to do another studying session of my family and how to act like a princess.

It was rather tiring at times but I had to keep it up in order to convince the queen's sister...or my supposed aunt that I was the princess. Only a few days ago I remembered nothing of my past and now I was trying to remember those missing 10 years.

And over the time I've traveled with the three, I've only gotten to know a little about Hanji and Erwin...but Levi was still a mystery to me. I wanted to know the people who were helping me and taking me to see the queen. And make sure it wasn't all just some joke into getting money or to humiliate me.

I turn back watching as Erwin and Levi played chest. Hanji was sitting between them watching and eating her food. When she noticed me looking, she gets up and walks over to me with a soft smile. "Can't stop looking at shorty," she mumbles. I dart my head towards her and then snap my neck forward.

My face heats up rather quickly at her comment. "I-I was watching them play," I say.

She gently nudges me. "Hey, I'm not judging," she says.

Sighing my shoulders slump and I glance back. "It's just...I want to get to know him...it's difficult to trust someone when you don't really know them." I tell her.

"Yeah, he's doesn't like sharing a lot about himself. Even Erwin and I don't know all that much...but Levi helped us out of bad things and has been nice to us. All I know is that his mom died at a young age and he had to find work young as a servant." she mutters, so the boys wouldn't hear us talk.

"Really? That's unfortunate." I say I glance back at him again watching as he stared at the board, moving his pawn forward. I look back at Hanji who lets out a sigh.

"Besides, once we're done helping you I doubt we'll be seeing each other again," she says.

"What makes you say that?" I ask. I knew that our time together was temporary but I wanted to know why.

"We don't typically stay in one place for too long. After we've helped you, we move on looking for another place to stay," she says. My shoulders slump. Well, that's too bad.

"What are you two yapping about?" I hear a voice call out from behind me, my shoulders jolt up startled by hearing another voice out of the blue. Darting my head back I find Levi and Erwin looking at us.

"Nothing Levi, just light conversation." Hanji lies. There was nothing light about it.

"Here you play a round with Erwin," Levi says after standing up from his seat. Hanji walks away from me while Levi comes towards me. I turn and rest my hands on the railing as I lookout. The thought of our time dancing together came back to my mind making me blush slightly.

"You're not tired are you?" he asks.

I glance over at him and shake my head. "Good, I wasn't sure if the boat rocking would keep you up," he mutters.

"Levi," I say softly, leaning on the railing I look to him and he looks back at me.

"Hmm?" he hums.

"Why don't you and the others settle down? Doesn't it get tiring moving all the time?" I ask.

I wondered this ever since he told me he wouldn't miss Roseri. He sighs and turns forward looking out at the ocean. "Let's just say I get tired of being in one place for too long. I'd rather keep moving to see new things, and all that other crap," he says.

"So you never thought about settling down? Even once?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "No, and you shouldn't worry about my intentions after we help you...all you need to worry about is convincing (A/N) and seeing your family again," he says.

With that, he turns and walks away, I watch him do so. I let out a sigh and turn back to look out at the ocean. All I wanted to do is get to know him, understand why he felt the need to keep moving. It was almost like he was running away.

═════ 👑 ═════