10

Chapter 10: Shouldn't Have Let Them Dance

═════ 👑 ═════

~(N/N)~

It was later that evening on the ship, the three had started their lessons on the royal family members. My job was to remember every royal family member, for the first day I didn't do too bad, but I wasn't great either.

Coming out of our cabin, I walk up to the stairs when I look up I find Levi walking down with something in his arms. It looked to be a dress. "Where did you get that?" I ask.

"Merchant on the ship sold it to me...it's for you," he says then tosses it over to me along with a new pair of shoes.

I look down at them then, back up at him. "You said you didn't look like royalty, this should be a start...now go try them on," he says.

I nod then go back into the room alone. Erwin and Hanji were both on the deck having dinner, shutting the door behind me I slip out of my old ragged clothes. This was the first nice outfit I've ever owned. The dress was white and lacy, with long sleeves and a blue bowtie. Slipping into it I zip it at the back then turn to the small mirror where I loosely tie the bow tie. The dress stopped at my ankles.

Next, I slip into the new pair of shoes. After I was completely dressed, I tie my (h/c) hair back with a bow.

~Levi~

I stood by Erwin and Hanji while waiting for (N/N) to come up. I hoped it fit her. I let out a sigh and drink some of the rum that Hanji stole from the crew's pantry. I let out a sigh after gulping some down.

Damn, what's taking so long? As if she had heard my thoughts I hear (N/N) clear her throat, in which I turn my head to see. "You look wonderful," Erwin says as he stands up, walking over to her he grabs her hand while her other hand held the skirt of her dress.

"Now you are dressed for a ball, and you will learn to dance for one as well," Erwin says, he then turns to me after releasing (N/N)'s hand.

"Levi," he calls, while waving his hand beckoning me to come over. I stood there for a moment before Hanji shoves me forward, glancing back I glare at her. She smiles and shoos at me, grumbling softly I walk over.

Erwin grabs my arm and places me in front of (N/N), I chuckle nervously, "I'm not very good at it." I warn her. She raises her right hand and places it on my shoulder. Taking her left hand in my right, my other hand rests at her side.

Quickly I look at my feet as we dance at a rather fast pace with Erwin counting. "No, no no." Erwin says before coming over to me stopping us both. We both part and look to Erwin allowing him to tell us what needed to be fixed.

"(N/N), you don't lead- let him." Erwin instructs.

She nods then turns to me, we resume the previous position, this time going much slower. Erwin steps away as we both step back and forth. Shit, what do I say? I clear my throat and look her in the eyes. "That uh dress is really beautiful," I say.

"You think so?" she asks.

Turning together we got farther away from Erwin and Hanji. "Yes...I mean it looked good on the hanger but i-it looks better on you...you should wear it." I ramble nervously, spinning her out she smiles.

"I am wearing it," she says as I bring her back in towards me.

"Right, of course....I'm...I'm just trying to give you uh uhm-"

"A compliment." she finishes for me.

We start to get slower as we sway back and forth for a moment. "Yes of course," I mutter. We continued to dance silently after that while both Hanji and Erwin watched us. They didn't stop us or correct us, so we must've been doing something right. She couldn't stop smiling, and I couldn't stop looking. God get a grip.

Eventually, we slow down and spin once before stepping back and forth. "I'm feeling a little dizzy," she says.

"Kind of light-headed?" I ask.

"Yeah," she answers softly.

"Me too," I say, we eventually come to a stop and I hadn't noticed. "Probably from spinning." her hands were in mine now as I continue to smirk at her. "Maybe we should stop," I mutter.

We were closer now, but not close enough. "We have stopped," she says. When the realization hit me I tilt my head, my smirk grows bigger.

"(N/N) I-" I stop slowly leaning in now.

"Yes?" she asks.

We both shut our eyes as we both lean into one another, but I stop just a couple of inches from her face, my smirk drops and I slowly back off. I open my eyes and look away from her, down at her hands. "You're doing fine," I say, with her right hand I pat it gently twice before walking away.

Damn it what was I thinking? I can't get attached. I head back to the cabin where I spent the rest of the evening away from (N/N) and the others. I can't lose sight of the money, I need it if I ever want to leave this place.

═════ 👑 ═════