22

Chapter 22: The Ballet

═════ 👑 ═════

~Levi~

Outside the theatre, Erwin and I waited for the girls. With my hands in my pockets, I stood there looking at the doors. Erwin was anxious about meeting the queen, I turn to him and let out a sigh. "There is nothing to be nervous about...she's the princess," I tell him.

"I know I know-"

"No, no you don't know...I was the boy who helped her escape...she's the real thing, Erwin." I tell him hoping he'd understand.

His eyes widen, I knew he didn't hear me earlier when I said it. "That means...our (N/N) has finally found her family...and we've found the heir to the Anarian throne- and you-"

"Will walk out of her life forever." I interrupt him as I step down the stairs away from him.

"But-"

I turn back to see him reaching for me. "Princesses don't marry servant boys," I tell him.

"I know but-"

I spin around once more holding my pointer finger up to him stopping him once more. "We're going to go through with this as if nothing has changed," I tell him.

He leans in with a soft look of disappointment. "You've got to tell her," he mumbles.

"Tell me what?" a voice asks from behind me. I spin around on my heel coming face to face with the princess. Her hair was up and dress covered in a cloak.

"Uh..how...how beautiful you look." I stammer.

She smiles and tilts her head. "Well, thank you," she says, extending my arm out to her she locks it with mine and we walk together up the stairs. Once inside I release her, a man grabs me to take my coat keeping my eyes away from the girl. Peeling it off I hand it to the man before looking around for (Y/N).

Then at the top of the platform after the first set of stairs I find her standing there, the dress was a pale dark blue, that hugged her figure nicely. My eyes widened in shock, she stood there looking down at me before turning to me.

Coming out of my dazed state I shake my head then run up to her. Once again I hold my arm out for her and she takes it just before I lead her up the stairs to the main room where the ballet would be taking place. After entering we received a pamphlet for the show, coming up to our seats, Erwin and Hanji sat in front of us. (A/N) was with the queen ready to keep the queen there for us.

Sitting beside (Y/N) she turns to look at me, I pull out the opera glasses. I look around until I spot the queen and her sister sitting beside her. "Look," I say as I give (N/N) the glasses. She takes them from me and looks for herself after I point in the direction. When (N/N) got a glimpse she retracts the glasses from her face.

"I hope she remembers me," she mumbles.

The lights begin to dim as the show starts, music from the stage plays loudly as the first set of people step out onto the stage.

Throughout the ballet, I watched as (Y/N) watch nervously, twisting her pamphlet in her hands. Her hands shaking gently. I turn my attention back to the stage for a while longer. I could hear Hanji snoring. Tch of all places to sleep.

Then a few minutes later I began to hear her ripping, looking down at her lap I watch as she ripped up the pamphlet now. Smirking I take her hand in mine, our fingers intertwine and I lean to the side. "Everything is gonna be fine," I whisper I hoped this would ease her nerves a bit.

For the rest of the show, our hands remained in a tight hold, not that I minded. She was shaking less and seemed to be at a little more ease. But once the curtains fell she squeezes my hand. Leaning over again I whisper in her ear, "Come, it's time."

═════ 👑 ═════