On-Duty ♥︎ Sugawara Koushi <Part 2>

a/n sorry for the late update! I've been trying to write as many as I can so I can update weekly and on time. This wasn't supposed to be a twoshot, but due to popular demand... hope you'll enjoy it!

Nurse AU

It hadn't been long since Sugawara became your on-duty nurse, yet both of you seemed to click really well with each other, despite the rather aggressive first meeting. Both you and Sugawara had moved on comfortably to a first-name basis too.

It turned out that both of you went to the same middle school and high school, except because of the 4 year age gap, neither of you had met each other. Yet, it seemed like fate had other ideas. Surprisingly both of you had similar tastes in food, as one particular day another of your on-duty nurse had come in for the changing over had asked Sugawara what he had wanted to eat. As you were in a drowsy state from medication, you had not realised the question wasn't to you, but rather to the grey-haired male. 

Excitedly, you had shouted out, 

"Spicy mapo tofu!" 

Whilst Sugawara had also said the same thing. Both of you looked at each other in awe. 

"Super spicy mapo tofu?" you questioned. 

Sugawara's eyes lit up and he gave a wide grin, nodding his head. You grinned back.

Back now, you were simply lying in bed waiting for Sugawara to come in. Today, he was later than usual, making you wonder what was holding him up. Usually, by noon he would have come in and done the change over with your night shift nurse (who just so happened to be one of his volleyball friends, Iwaizumi) yet he still was not here. 

Sighing, you got out of your bed pulling your infusion pump along with you. The weather outside was rather nice and it would be great to breathe some fresh air after being cooped inside. 

Slowly, you made your way outside into the white hallways. Looking around, you noticed the very few nurses on your level. It was rather strange when usually there would be at least five running around taking care of the other children on your level. 

You took the elevator up to the rooftop. Ever since you had discovered the rooftop garden, it became one of your usual hangouts, where you could forget about everything even just for a moment or two. 

You walked over to the side railings, looking out over the city. Even though it was nothing much, every part of you felt grateful for this day. The small things made you happy.

"(y/n)," a warm voice interrupted.

Turning around with a grin on your face, you cheekily pouted.

"Aww, you found me... I was hoping I could stay here a little longer."

Sugawara felt his cheeks rush a little with heat. Unbeknownst to you, your little antics made his heart beat faster each time.

"I never said you needed to go back," he smiled, walking to stand beside you. "I just came to see you,"

Something about his voice didn't sound right. You turned to face him again.

"Is-is there something you want to tell me?" You questioned him gently.

He gave a small sigh.

"Am I that obvious?" You laughed a little.

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Well, I think it's good news for you. The doctor said you're to be released in two days if all goes well,"

Your eyes brightened up and before you knew it, you could feel years falling down your cheeks.

"A-are you okay (y/n)?" Unsure if you were crying tears of joy or sadness, Sugawara had mixed feelings.

Although he was glad that you could be discharged, he felt a pang of disappointment as it would mean he wouldn't see you or be your nurse.

Noticing Sugawara's concerned face, you suddenly hugged him tightly, burying your face in his uniform.

"I'm going to miss you," your mumbled. "Will I still see you here?"

You looked up hesitantly into his eyes.

"Of course. I'll be here until they fire me," he joked.

You took his hands in yours, feeling his smooth, warm hands.

Looking into his eyes, you took a breath before continuing.

"I like you Koushi. Since I first saw you," you felt yourself blushing at your words. You were surprised at how confident you were, despite your usual shyness people always saw.

"I want to get to know you better, so-"

"Yes. I'll be your boyfriend," Sugawara smiled widely.

Eyes blinking widely in shock, you stood silent for a couple of seconds, before looking up at him as if you weren't sure if you heard him right.

Seeing as he wasn't kidding you, you jumped happily into his arms, hugging him as much as your love for him.

"C-can't breathe," he coughed out, hoping you could hear him.

You released him a little, before stepping back and pouting at him.

"You interrupted my confession,"

"I was too happy, so I had too," he grinned, bringing you back into his arms.

"I love you so much (y/n)" he whispered softly in your ear, before kissing your forehead.

"I love you too, Koushi,"