Chapter 22

(Credits tO my irl friend for the image lol)

Someone requested that I update soon- more or so threatened. They said, and I quote "you better update soon or Imma kill you with luv" so obviously, terrified for my safety I decided I'd give you guys an update. Also, we have S I X T Y - N I N E T H OU S A N D reads. Sorry I'm just excited about the 69. Also thank you all for reading this trash- well we had 69k now we have 70k but shhhh-

You guys are so supportive oml-

Enjoy!

Uraraka's P.O.V

I had ran after Deku the second he started to get up, I knew that he'd be upset at those words but... I can't let him think that they're true!

Just as I open the door, Deku is on the ground, holding his hands to his face, lightly sobbing.

"Oh, Deku..." I take cautious steps forward, not wanting to startle him, he is my best friend all. I hate seeing him like this...

"Urara- uraraka..." he sobs in between saying my name. His body shakes a little. I put my hand on his shoulder and he shivers at my touch, "Deku it's alright, you know he wasn't serious. We both know he loves you" I mutter to him, trying to keep him from stepping over the, 'he doesn't really love me' line. I've spoken to Katsuki about Deku before and I know for a fact that he cares about him. He loves him and was simply doing it to protect their relationship and Deku.

"I know- b-but... H-hearing K-Kacchan saying those things I-it just- just-" he sobs again.

Suddenly, a door creaks in the bathroom, indicating it's opening. My eyes widen in panic and Deku and I exchange a worried glance.

A strangled cry echoes out. Purple ball-like hair is seen and the short body of which the hair belongs to skids back into the stall.

"A- A GIRL? IN THE B-BOYS R-R-RESTROOM?"

My eyes widen further, t-the boys restroom!? That's right- I followed Deku in! I didn't think anyone would be here- oh no, what do I do?! I can't leave Deku! B-but I can't be in here either-!

The said person unlocks the stall door and steps out again, "u-uraraka-san! What are you d-doing in the boys r-restroom?!" He asks, panic in his eyes and laced into his expression.

"I- I uh- I followed D-Deku in!" I manage to stutter out.

"Deku? Who- oh! Bakugou made that nickname- so that means... Midoriya? Midoriya!" Mineta looks down and notices the crying green-haired boy on the tiles.

He immediately turns away any focus from me and brings it all over to Deku. "Midoriya! What happened? Are you alright? Why are you crying?" He stands beside Deku, I skidded away when Mineta first made an appearance, his hand replacing where mine was originally.

(I did this because so many people hate Mineta, and I actually don't. I think he deserves to have a scene in the book that makes him redeem himself and prove his not that bad. I honestly think he'll have a scene in the anime that makes people change their mind too.)

Mineta's P.O.V

At first, I was shocked, and not going to lie- slightly excited by a girl being in the men's restroom but then, I saw him.

Midoriya. My friend, crying.

Midoriya was one of the first people to treat me with respect at Yuuei. And I understand why others find it hard to respect me... but still! Midoriya believes in me and he always encourages me to do my best and beyond that! He always is smiling... He is the best person to look up to. Whatever happened, I need to help!

"K-Kacchan..." he mumbles out.

"Kacchan? Oh- like Bakugou? What did he do?!" I know that Bakugou isn't the nicest to Midoriya but he has never cried over Bakugou before, let alone let his words get to him. Midoriya really looks up to him and lately Bakugou hasn't been as mean as usual... so what could've happened...

"He just... it's a l-long s-st-story-" he cuts himself off with a large sob.

"Midoriya! You know you can tell me anything! I'm here for you, okay!?"

I have to, just have to make Midoriya feel okay. I'm determined to make him feel better.

I look up to Bakugou too, and i know I can't fight him or anything, he is way stronger than me- But... Whatever happened, I need to try my best to help! I swear just the other day I heard him in his dorm on a call with someone and I think I heard the name 'Deku' but i doubt they got close enough to call so It probably didn't happen... But it would make sense if they got close then Bakugou snapped and that's why Midoriya is so hurt!

"Th-Thanks Mi-Mineta... And I- I guess I could t-talk to you about it... I- I trust you after all..." he stutters out. "It's not really Kacchans fault anyway... He just wanted to protect me..."

Protect him!? So they were close!

"Go on, Midoriya" I prod. If I can just get him to explain the situation I should be able to help!

"Well... K-Kacchan and I, we've been dating for a while now..." he looks down, as if he didn't want to see my reaction.

"You have?!" I can't hide my shock at this information, but now that I think about it, it would make a lot of sense. They would be kind of cute together-

"Y-yeah... And when we were talking to Katsuchan and Izuchan people started teasing Kacchan... He j-just k-k-kind o-of-..." his voice trailed off.

"Snapped?" I offer. He nods. I turn behind me and notice Uraraka has left already. She must've gone to give Midoriya some space. She's a good person. I'm glad Midoriya has her as a best friend.

"Midoriya, I'm sure whatever went through his head he knew you'd be hurt, but as you said earlier, to protect you, he didn't tell them! He had to yell to put them off track. You've been together for a while now, as you said and I'm sure he cares for you a lot!"

"Th-Thanks Mineta!" He smiles crookedly at me.

Midoriya's P.O.V

After Mineta's seemingly heartfelt speech, for the second time that day, the door behind me is burst open.

And there he stood, in the doorframe, a worried expression laced on his face with fear hidden in his eyes.

Word count: ~ 1116 ~

Hope you enjoyed~
Sorry for the cliffhanger you guys!! I love you! ❤️