Chapter Forty-One: Painful Partings

Start from the beginning

"I want you to have so much fun. When you get back, you're telling me everything that happened. Go on, Mom. Harry should be here in 10 minutes. You don't want to be late for your flight." I picked up her suitcase, walking down the iron steps and to her car. I helped shuffle things in the trunk, making sure all her luggage fit. As I shut the trunk, her arms went around my neck again, embarcing me. "Mom," I laughed. "I love you so much. Have the time of your life."

"I love you, Chris." I pulled away, a soft smile on my face. My mother finally detached herself from me. She gave me a shaky smile as I guided her to the driver's side. With one last embrace, she situated herself. I closed the door and walked backwards, waving goodbye. It took her a second to compose herself, but she waved one last time and drove off. 

Like time was in my favor, a familiar red car pulled up after a minute. I was pulled out of my daze, my eyes snapping to the opening driver's door. A smile etched on my face as Harry's messy curls came into my vision. "Hey babe," he smirked.

"Hi, stud." I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Miss me?"

"Like you wouldn't believe." Harry walked up to me, grabbing me and planting a firm kiss on my lips. He pulled away and smiled at me, his eyes sparkling. It was like he knew how much he affected me, even with a tiny kiss. "Ready to go?" I nodded as he reached behind me and grabbed my small suitcase. "This is it?"

"Got a problem?"

"No. I'm just surprised... that's all." His eyelashes fluttered, my heart dropping into my stomach. "Most girls bring five suitcases. At least the girls I know."

"Then I'm not a girl you know," I tried to be as cheeky as possible as I walked past him, opening the passenger door and sliding in. Harry put my bag in the trunk before settling in the driver's side. 

"You're right. You're a complete mystery." His deep green eyes met mine for a second before he pulled his gaze away, returning his attention to the road. "I still can't believe you're up for staying with the boys for a week."

"Who said I was? I only found out this morning."

"Are you serious? No one told you before?"

"No. I wonder why," I tried to keep my voice light, though deep down there was a bit of accusation. It still made me curious as to why Harry wouldn't warn me, or show some sort of interest in it.

~

"New roomie!" Louis screeched the moment I walked into the door. Harry's laugh rang in my ears while a pair of arms went around my waist, pulling me into the air.

"Let me down!" I could hardly speak from laughing too hard.

"We're going to have so much fun! We can talk all night and do each other's hair-" Louis carried on.

"Enough ladies, you're blocking me from the gym." Liam rolled his eyes. Louis set me back on the ground. Just when I thought I was free, Liam pulled me in for a short hug. "Besides, she'll be too busy talking to me all night to even notice you." I shimmied out of his bear like grip, fleeing over to the couch Niall was on.

"And we have winner!" Niall screamed, throwing the controller down in triumphant while Zayn groaned. He turned to me, his eyes widening and a smile breaking onto his face. "Chris!" He quickly gave me a kiss on the cheek before picking his controller back up and continuing his on-going game with Zayn that lasted for hours.

The hours blurred together, the boys coming and going. I stayed in the living room with Zayn and Niall, watching them fight and scream profanities at each other. It was amusing, especially when I got to play since they'd clean up their act. Niall cheated sometimes, bumping into me so he could shoot at me better.

I was starting to feel better about spending a week here. I practically lived with them every other day, nothing was going to change if I saw them everyday, right? Just as my nerves started to settle down, the doorbell rang. Niall and Zayn didn't move to get it, too absorbed in killing the other's character first. "Guess I'll get it," I said to no one in particular. I got to my feet and crossed to the door. With my hand on the handle, Harry's voice flooded to my ears. I couldn't make out what he was saying as I pulled the door open. My smile wiping off my face, eyes widening at the person in front of me.

You have got to be kidding me.

--------

A/N: I'M SO SORRY GUYS! I AM SO UNBELIEVABLEY SORRY I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. My computer's graphic card has died on me (that's apple for you...) and I haven't had the opportunity to update! I'm actually on my best friend's computer right now. Anywho. If you're still reading this or following the story, I can't thank you enough. I love you so much. Please please PLEASE bare with me while I try to get a new computer and/or fix my old one so I can update. I have so many ideas I just need to get them published! Yes, I do plan on a sequel. And yes, I do plan on doing ANOTHER story completely unrelated to this in the distant future which I hope you all get the chance to read. This story is almost a year old. Oh my goodness. I should really finish it. But it's like my baby. I can't bare to see it grow up and finish, and I want everything I write to be perfect. 

Okay. So. Please just stay with me and I'm trying- I really am- trying to write more. I'm sorry for the unexpected haitus but I'll write when I can. Believe in me, because you are what keeps me going. I love you all so much. Till next time my dearies <3