Lucy Clock

The pain seemed to continue, not getting any better. Only getting worse. Suddenly the pain was lifted. She didn't dare move until she knew they were gone. A shadow appear over her and crouched down to whisper in her ear.

"Next time, remember to respect your superiors." They whispered and they were gone. I could hardly move. My whole body ached. I look at my arm. The words carved into my flesh. I shed a single tear roll down my cheek. I put up my hood and run, hoping to make it to my dorm before anyone sees me. I see cuts and bruises forming on my arms. I try to cover up best I can and even though it hurts, continue to run. I almost make it to the portrait when I am stopped by Alice, a girl in my year who is nice but I have never had the courage to make friends with. "I just wanted to say it was really brave of you in potions today and... Oh My God are you ok?" Alice ends with a concerned voice. I shake my head. A few more tears escape my eyes. I say the password and we walk in to the common room together. Just my luck that it seems every Gryffindor is in the common room. I bolt it to the stairs to get to my dorm. Alice follows after grabbing Lily and Molly (Another girl I haven't had the guts to talk to) and taking them up. I sit on my bed with the curtains closed and let the tears drop. I hear the dorm door close and the breathing of Molly, Lily and Alice. I open the curtains. "I know you are going to ask... But, I just..." I burst into heavy tears.

I tell them everything. Not pausing when they gasp or curse. When I finish they are sitting on my bed with their arms around me.

"Oh and I forgot. I am Lucy," I hold out my hand and Molly and Alice both shake it. I smile. They really are good people. I wipe my eyes. 

"Um, can we see some of the cuts?" Alice asks. She looks concerned. I take off my cloak and see myself in the mirror. I am covered in bruises and cuts. My left arm is still bleeding and so are some cuts. Lily takes my arm and looks at the words. She has tears in her eyes. 

"I'm sorry I didn't help in potions. I never mean't for you to get hurt!" She bursts. I hug her and whisper in her ear. 

"It's fine. I was just  moody. " I continue to hug her and Molly and Alice join in. I wince but don't let go. It's a good kind of pain.

"You need to go down to Pomfrey." Alice says. I open my mouth to object but nod. I grab my cloak and put my hood up. I give them a thumbs up. Th common room is still full but I keep my head down and make it out the portrait. 

Madam Pomfrey takes one look at the cuts and bruises and takes me to a bed. She pushes Lily, Molly and Alice out the door and begins to question me. I only nod or shake my head and answer truthfully. She begins treating me and is keeping me over night. Lily and Alice appear with some stuff I need for tonight and in the morning and leave again. I look in the bag and take out a book. I open the first page and read. Poppy gives me some dreamless sleep potion and I slip into a peaceful sleep. I don't want to waken but I do. I don't open my eyes. I hear voices in the Wing. Most belong to my close and new friends. 

I open my eyes and are greeted by Lily, Alice and Molly. The ask me how I am and just have small chatter. A few others are in the room. Potter, Black, Lupin and Petigrew are talking with Dumbldore in the corner. I answer their questions and smile at them. There are flowers sitting in a vase beside my bed and a card on the table. I open the card and it says "Get well soon" on the front.

Inside it reads: Ged better soon. Love Lily, Molly, Alice, James, Sirius, Remus, Peter and your fellow gryffindors. I smile and put the card up. "What are they doing here?" I whisper. 

"They were worried? But I think Potter wants to know if you can play quidditch." Lily whispers. She glares at James. 

"And Dumledore?" I ask in a whisper. They just shrug their shoulders. Finally, The man I was just wondering about speaks up.