Lily Evans and Lucy Clock

Lily Evans

I watch as Lucy walks out. A slight blush on her cheeks, head high. I see many people laughing and many people taking pity but some are staring longingly at her. Wishing they could confess. Who would have thought shy little Lucy could have caused that? I stare at the Slytherin girl in utter disgust. How dare she. She has no right doing that. She knew perfectly well who it was. I stare at my plate and push it away. I stand up. I glance towards Potter and his crowd and they have been the quietest. Not mentioning anything. Probably pretending it didn't happen but it did and I wasn't gonna let what Lucy done go just like that. I stand up and march out.

"Away to find your fellow Mudblood?" I hear called at me but I continue walking. 

I search about the castle for her. She isn't in the dorm or any classrooms. I continue to search, getting scared. I hear two Professors talking and they stop when they see me. McGonagall, who I had talked to a while ago was now standing with Professor Dumbledore. They tell me I must keep it a secret where she is as she doesn't want people there. I walk slightly, making sure no one can see me enter the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey shows me where she is and close the curtains after me.

"Hey. I say sitting on the side of the bed. She smiles at me.

"Hit me with it" She says.

We talk about what happened and anything really. Its a horrible day outside so I am glad to be spending it talking to her. She seems fine when she talks but I can see the saddess in her face. We talk for ages until I have to go to bed, Madam Pomfrey let us have meals in here. In say goodbye and she tells me she will meet me in class. I worry. I don't want her alone but she say she is fine. I bring down her robes and things in a bag which has a charm to make it larger on the inside. I give her everything she needs and go to bed. I worry until sleep takes over. 

Lucy Clock

~Morning~

I wake up and don't want to feel scared. I want to do this but fear always has control with me. I eat breakfast with Poppy (Madam Pomfrey lets me use her first name when student aren't around.) I dress and get ready in the bathroom. I wait until I know my potions class have gone in. And head out. I put my hood up on the way to the dungeons. Potions is with Slytherin. I take down my hood and take a deep breath. "I'm not scared. I'm not scared." I open the door and walk in.

I keep my face straight. 

"OH, hello Lucy. Take a seat. No need to be standing around" Proffesor Slughorn says and I take my usual seat. I keep my eyes firmly on the board as he writes what potion we are doing today.

Just my luck. Amortentia. The most powerful Love Potion in the entire world. I her whispers and see people glance at me. 

"Amortentia smells differently to everyone depending on what they love.."Proffessor Slughorn is interuoted by someone commenting.

"Well all know what Clocks is gonna smell like." Peter, a follower of Potter and Black says. I bubble in rage and no longer feel like the shy girl that I am. But I return to myself.

"Aside from that, you will smell three things. Recipes ar eon page 53 in your books. Get started" Lily pushes past everyone and reserves two cauldrons at the front. Slughorn pulls me aside. "Are you ok?" He asks. I nod quickly. "Well, I am having a dinner party tonight and would love if you and Lily could join me. Just a few of the higher up student of course." I nod and head back to the cauldrons. I tell Lily and we both concentrate in the potion.

We have finished and it turns the deep pink it says it is supposed to. Lily smells hers

"Cookie dough, fresh grass and..." She stops and blushes slightly. I smell mine.

Countryside, Cinamon and a husky scent. Not many times I have smelled it only when I am close to him. Sirius.

"So, what do you smell? Eh Clock? No need to be shy" A few Slytherins have gathered round our table. Many ask the same question.

"Go on." One pushes me.

"I smell.. The Countryside.. Cinnamon and" I stop.

"And. Come on. Tells us." 

"You know what.." I whisper. "No." I say in a firm voice.