Lucy Clock

~The Morning After Quidditch ~

I wake up at the hour of 5 o'clock, morning. I struggle getting out of bed quietly as my shoulder is still in pain. I have to go down to madam Pomfrey so she can check it and replace the bandages before breakfast. I Brush my hair but it is in a horrible state and I don't want to risk showering. I pull it into to two ponytails at the side making me look slightly sporty. I dress in my robes and plan what I will do today, as it is still the weekend. I have another few hours to wait but my mind is full. 

"What did you want him to do? Kiss you? Show some affection to you?" I think to myself. I don't know what I wanted to happen but just, something. I pace for a bit but give up and go down to the common room. I see Peter had made his way up to the dorm as he is no longer on the couch. I sit at a table and take out a quill, some ink and parchment. I write my feelings towards what has happened and vent for a bit. I know its silly, but its the only way I could say my feelings. If anyone was to find this paper, I would die. A sense of relief washes over me and I fold the paper and stuff it in my bag. I give up at 7:00 and go to Madam Promfrey. She welcomes me in and checks on my shoulder. My eyes fill with tears but I don't whimper. Even though I am shy, I am tough in the sense of pain. I guess I am brave in that way. I mean I have to be. I am a Gryffindor. She bandages me up and gives me a potion for the pain. I stagger into the hall and see it empty except for some Slytherins. They stare at me in disgust. I eat cereal and sip on juice before I feel and sweep at my arm. I look about, seeing my bag has gone and some snickering Slytherins. A girl in the middle is reading a note she retrieved out my bag. She is giggling and slips it into her pocket. I can't help feeling a show will be put on.

I don't bother going to get my bag as I am outnumbered. I sit there quietly until the Great Hall fills up. I glance back to the table and the girl is looking out for someone. James and his crowd appears and the Slytherins nod at eachother and a few stride to the front and stand on stage.

"This can't be good.." Lily murmurs in my ear and I whisper slightly.

"My note." In her ear. She looks shocked and catches on. All I can do now is wait for them to begin.

"I found a bag and wanted to know who it belongs to so I found a not inside and thought I would read it..." The Slytherin girl smiles a cruel smile and clears her throat.

"What did I expect, he would just kiss a girl like me? No. Of course not. He wouldn't like me. A shy kid. One who can't say a word above a whisper? A person who is afraid. I don't belong in the house of Gryffindor" She pauses. "Oh so they're a Gryffindor." she says and continues.

"Why must he be there all the time. Kind grey eyes and floppy black hair." A few eyes are on Sirius now who is gazing about the table. "We know who that is!" She says. Lily has clutched my hand under the table and is whispering "Be brave" in my ear. Not much blood has rushed to my face and I am glad for that. 

"Why can't I speak. I try hard for your attention but you never see. I guess you don't see me that way. Still, a girl can hope." The Slytherin girls pauses. "At least we know its a girl. So.. Would anyone like to confess before the contents of the bag come out. " I squeeze Lily's hand. I can't. But their gonna find out how I am that desperate girl in the note. "Well ok then." She reaches into the bag and pulls out a book. "Advanced Potion making." A few other things tumble out. "Charms. Hogwarts, A History" She takes a photo out. "Would anyone like to confess before I show this picture. They are gonna find out.." Lily nudges me and whispers in my ear "Be brave. The sorting hat didn't put you into Gryffindor for nothing." I slowly swing my legs round and stand. 

I take a deep breath. "I wrote that." I shout. It was a shout. I haven't spoken that loud in my life. "And.." My voice is shaking. "And I would like it back." My legs won't move for a minute but I start on a slow walk. I don't look at my feet. I won't give them the satisfaction. I walk to the stage with my head held high and take my bag and put my belongings in it and slowly walk from the hall. I know every person is looking at me but I feel no blush. 

Once out of sight I break into a run. I don't know where to go. Dorm? No people will find me. Classroom? No. I hed to the Hospital wing and see madam Pomfrey. I collapse on a bed before whispering "Help me."

She closes the wing and gets me to explain. I don't know why but I feel comfortable with Madam Pomfrey, so much that when I finish I hug her. She closes the curtains around my bed and goes to her office. I can't stand to be looked at. To be seen, its worse than being bullied at Beauxbatons. I clear my head and dose off.

I awake, still in the wing with the curtains closed. 

I hear Professor McGonagall, Professor Dumbledore and Madam Pomfrey speaking.

"I kept her here because she was obviously tramitised. You would be too if you were as shy as her and that happened." Madam Pomfrey hisses.

"I understand. How are we going to get her back. I was just speaking to Lily Evans and she was explaining how she was getting better. Don't forget why she left her last school. We don't want her to run away from Hogwarts." Professor McGonagall. 

"Why don't we speak to her." Proffesser Dumbeldore says opening the curtains to the bed. He sits on the end and the other two behind.

"We know what happened. No need to explain. What do you want to happen?" Dumbledore asks politely.

"I-I-I want to go to class. I want to show I am not scared.. But I am." I say with tears in my eyes.

McGonagall takes hold of my hand.

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes. I think you were brave. The sorting hat never, makes a mistake. Its 3:00pm on a Sunday. You don't have classes today, so we will keep you here, until tomorrow and then, you can show the world who Lucy Clock is." McGonagalls says. Dumbledore and McGonagall are about to leave but they turn around.

"Oh, and Lucy. Nice catch" Dumbeldore says and disapears.