Sirius Black

It has been a strange week. With all the awkward silence, I'm just glad its the weekend. After that kiss with Lucy she has been quieter than usual. She has excelling in classes cause she concentrates harder now. Lily has been at her side non stop, talking to her. After DADA they ran from the room to the owerly. I stole Prongs' invisibility cloak and followed them. Lucy was taking out a small barn owl and attaching a note on it. "Lily, do you want to send anything?" She asks. Lily shakes her head. They hang about in the owerly talking.

"So, what was that about in Dada?" Lily giggles. Lucy blushes deep red. She looks at her feet.

"I dunno.." She burst into a fit of giggles. I haven't heard her like this before. She is always so quiet. I guess when your with friends you are more confident. I walk down the hall before going in a room and taking off the cloak.

I wake up on Saturday morning and head down to the great hall with Prongs. Remus is away and Peter is still in bed. I eat slices of toast one after the other. I see Prongs looking up and see why. Lily walks in, her arm hooked with Lucy's. Lucy has kept her hair in a high pony tail as there is a qudditch match today. She is in her quidditch robes already. They walk straight past us and sit at the end of the table. Lily digs in but Lucy looks at her plate. We walk over to the part they are sitting. "Good luck today Clock. First game nerves?" he hits her on the back as she is taking a drink and the pumpkin juice spills. She takes out her wand and clears the mess. She nibbles on some toast and sips juice until the team have to head down. She walks down with James and he shoves her into some students. She blushes and runs after him. 

I head down to the pitch and meet Remus and Peter there. "Ah, so your back!" I say to him. We watch as the Hufflepuff team comes onto the pitch. The commentator introduces the players and the Gryffindor team walk on.

"Here is team captain and chaser James Potter and the other chasers McGonagall and Gred. Keeper is Longbottom! What a name! There the beaters are Finigan and Fudge and the new seeker Clock the only girl in this match." 

They mount their brooms and the balls are released. Usually at a quidditch match I would be concentrating on the whole match but now I am watching Lucy. She has gone above the match and is looking down on it. A bludger is sent her way and she dodges it. A few goals are scored by Gryffindor but the other team equalises. I glance up at Lucy. She dives towards to ground, flying through the game. Dodging quaffels and bludgers. She reaches out an din the next second tucks in and tumbles onto the grass. She sits up looking at the stadium. She unclenched her fist to reveal a snitch. She twiddles it in her fingers. Her cheeks are bright red but her face is in pain. A few teachers are all ready at her side. No one realised but a bludger hit her right shoulder. Her quidditch robes are soaked with blood but she continues to stare at the snitch. 

~In the Hospital Wing~

I follow Lucy into the hospital wing with the rest of the team and Lily close behind. Lily pushes past me and towards the bed. She sits beside Lucy and whispers something in her ear. Madam Pomfrey instructs everyone to leave except Lily. As people are leaving they comment things like

"Well in Clock."

"Nice catch"

"You were quick."

And someone starts chanting "Clock" which everyone starts chanting. They pump their fists in the air as we are pushed out.

"So.. I think we should, celebrate. Would you boys care to come to the kitchen. I believe a party is in order" James says with a devious smile on his face. We make a point of eating dinner in the great hall and spread the word of a party. Lily appears in the halls and grabs some food. "Lucy will be coming up to the common room later. Madam Pomfrey is amazing." She replies to James question of "Is she coming out today?" We head to the kitchens and get enough food for the whole house. 

Lucy arrives just after everyone appeared. She obviously doesn't like being in the centre of attention as she is a deep red. People keep coming to talk to her and she barely speaks a word. McGonagall comes through and tells us to get to bed at around 1:00am. The party dies down and we (meaning James, Remus, Peter and Sirius) go to talk to Lucy. 

"It was a great dive. I was scared you would smash to the ground. Nice roll by the way." Lily says. 

"It really was. Nice first match." James says. He ruffles her hair. "Nice dive kiddo" He smirks.

"I am the same age as you!" Lucy says in a tone people would call normal, but for her it is shouting.

"Did I just hear Lucy Clock talk without struggling?" I say in a mock shocked voice. "Nice playing." I say. She smiles slightly 

"Thanks." She replies. She takes a drink of pumpkin juice

"Want to play a game of wizard chess before calling it a night?" I ask them.

"Whats wizard chess?" Lily and Lucy ask at the same time. 

We end up spending a few hours teaching them how to play. Peter fell asleep on the couch earlier and Remus called it a night half a hour ago. Lily goes up to bed and Lucy begins clearing the common room.

"The house elves will get that." I yawn. She smiles.

"Well then, night. Thanks for the party." She says awkwardly. 

 She walks up toward the girls dorms and disapears into the room. I put my head in my hands. 

"For Merlins Sake. How do I like a girl like that?" I mutter before going to bed.