"You can play hard to get all you want, but I know you want me. You don't have to pretend. I see the way you look at me." Camila says as she walks away from me.

"You have serious issues lady. Stay away from me. Stay away from Mani and stay the hell away from my son!" I say as I make my way to leave.

"Our son? The one I can take you to court over for joint custody? Since I never did sign away my rights, I have as much of a right to him as you."

"Yeah, the courts are going to give custody to an ex stripper druggie alcoholic. The list goes on but we both know you'd lose without that since you abandoned him on my doorstep."

"We'll see what the court says. Goodbye Lauren." Camila says and I walk out of her house.

I can't believe that seriously just happened. She's going to take me to court. Me? My wife is a damn lawyer but fine, whatever. She wants to waste her money then so be it. Now I have to fix this with Mani. I don't know how to even begin that mission…ugh. Best thing right now might be to just give her some time to let her settle. Mani isn't the easiest to handle when upset. Sometimes she explodes and others, she just stays quiet and is passive aggressive. I'm not sure what I'm going to get. Ugh I just hope we can get past this…miscommunication. I didn't technically do anything but omit the truth so maybe she'll be more forgiving? Screw it…I'm fucked.

Mani's P.O.V.

I have no words to describe how I feel right now. The only one that comes to mind is anger. I'm angry at the entire situation but I'm more so upset with Lauren. She should have told me what happened. Why hide it? Is she even telling the truth now? They gave me two different stories so who's lying and who's telling the truth? And these stories were drastically different. I want to believe Lauren because she's my wife, I know her and I know once she started talking she wouldn't lie…but what if she did? Lauren has never given me a reason not to trust her but I'm not sure what to do.

I've thought about this for a while now and I'm just unsure how to even move forward from this. I don't believe Camila, that I know. We've gotten closer but I don't really know her. For all I know, this was her plan from the very beginning. I'm just so torn…should I talk to Lauren again or give myself more time? I sigh to myself and look back down at the stack of papers on front of me. I haven't been able to focus all day but I have to get it together. I hear a knock at my door and lift my head. It's Keith, ugh. What the hell does he want?

"What?" I say.

"You have a minute?" He asks and I nod my head. He comes into my office and shuts the door behind him. He sits at the chair in front of my desk and puts an envelope in front of me.

"I have new evidence to prove the client's innocence so case closed." Keith says as he crosses his legs and fixes his suit jacket. I nod my head and lean back in my chair. He's the last person I want to see or associate with today. I grab the envelope and quickly scan it then sit it back down on the desk.

"Okay." I say and he frowns in confusion.

"All I get is an okay? I just finished the case, single handedly might I add, and all you have to say is okay?" I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm not sure I really care for the answer but I feel I should ask. Are you okay? That time of the month or something?" If I wasn't so wrapped up in my own head right now, I'd roll my eyes.

"I'm fine Keith. If that's all you have, you can go now." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm trying to be nice Normani. I understand those women problems you have are apparently hard but because I know you're a good lawyer, I don't want you to let that get in the way. I need you to put that crap aside and be a lawyer because both of our jobs are depending on it."

"Keith get out." I say in a mono tone.

"Norm.."

"GET OUT." I say in a stern manner. Keith huffs and grabs his file then leaves.

I don't need this asshole today. UGH…I'm just going to finish my work at home. As much as I don't want to see Lauren, I can't not go to my own home. I'll be cordial so that the kids don't suspect anything but at this moment in time, I don't feel like talking to her is going to go anywhere.

Lauren's P.O.V.

Mani is being cordial. She's speaking to me in the most minor ways. We do this so the kids don't really know what's going on. We try to keep fights under wraps when the kids are around. Dinner was awkward but I expected that. After Mani and I got the kids ready for bed, she goes to the bedroom and I make my way to the couch. I want to talk to her but I don't want to make things worse. I have to do something though…so I make my way to the bedroom and knock on the door. I don't get a response so I wait a little while and knock again. Still no response so I open the door. The only sound in the room is from the low murmur of the TV. Mani is lying in bed asleep. I crawl into my side of the bed and move closer to no. I gently shake her shoulder to wake her. Normani opens her eyes and looks at me but doesn't say anything.

"Can we talk?" I ask.

Normani doesn't say anything but moves closer to me. She pushes me until I'm lying on my back then lays her head on my chest while putting an arm around my waist.

"We'll talk tomorrow." She says sleepily.

I make myself more comfortable and close my eyes. I don't know what to make of this but I won't question it tonight. Tonight, I'll just lay here and enjoy the fact that my wife wants to be with me.