Task Three: Incense the Seas and Shores

"The powers, delaying, not forgetting, have incensed the seas and shores, yea, all the creatures, against your peace."

This is a story about a Swarm.

The Swarm (since it was the sort of swarm that deserved capital letters) did not like the sunlight. It did not like the birds that would swoop from the air to pluck at it, or the things that lurked in the ooze after a rain that tried to suck it down into the murk. To tell the truth, there were very few things that the Swarm liked at all, even itself: a single string of legs and pincers might grow incensed at another, and the two would begin to tear each other to bits without the need for any more preamble than that. Strangely enough, the Swarm was content in its infinite loathing. After all, such hateful, toxic things would only be chased by the boldest of predators, and those predators reckless enough to attack the Swarm's stronghold were little match for its denizens. 

To tell the truth, there were only two things that the Swarm truly liked: the first, its Cave. Truly, it was right to be proud of its Cave: the floor was sandy and dry, raised away from the muck. The fiercest storm could barely moisten the deepest reaches of it, and there was little need to worst to maintain a nest.

The second, of course, was the Prey: those silly, clumsy things that had not yet learned that to try to take the Cave was to court skittering doom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requirements

-Super simple task this round! You just have the one requirement: while exploring the island, you come across a cave that looks just perfect for shelter... 

-It's not until you're mostly inside that you realize the colony of large, venomous, highly aggressive centipedes both agrees with your assessment and is disinclined to share.

-Have fun! Did I mention that a single bite is theoretically survivable, if agonizing, and they will almost certainly not be satisfied with a single bite?

The Choice: Will or nature?

Due Date: Monday, December 2 at 10 PM EST