Chapter Fifty-Seven ↡ Another One

30 November 2020

Tea and Tiaras at the Palace! Princess Lucia, Duchess of Avondale Throws a Fairy-Tale Bash for Sick Children

A group of young children didn t have to play pretend when they dressed up as princes and princesses for a royally memorable tea party.

Britain's Princess Lucia, Duchess of Avondale, along with her 2-year-old daughter Princess Tanisha, threw a party for 20 special guests at Buckingham Palace on Monday.

"Tanisha and I had a fantastic day," Princess Lucia said of the magical afternoon, which saw children from Make A Wish foundation visit the palace for a tea party.

The organization was established in 1980 that creates life-changing wishes for children with a critical illness who have reached the age of 2½ and are younger than 18 at the time of referral.

"All children with serious illnesses in the United Kingdom and United States should be a part of something positive and out of the ordinary that provides power and self-esteem," the charity says on its website.

Staff decorated the castle hall to complete the real-life fantasy. Beneath large crystal chandeliers hanging from high palace ceilings, they adorned tables with crisp white tablecloths and bright colorful floral displays nestling among the royal family's valuable table settings.

Lucia, who is mom to Princess Tanisha and Prince Theo, sat with her young visitors as they were treated to juice, cookies and cake.

The twenty young guests, all aged between aged 5 and 12 years old, were dressed to thrill as fairytale princes and princesses in fancy costumes.

To get into the spirit of the day, Princess Lucia wore her own red dress. And to top off her look, the princess sported a glittering tiara.

"It was an amazing afternoon," the princess wrote on her Twitter page.

"You want to look?" Antony asked.

I shook my head. "You do it." I answered.

My husband kissed my head and stepped in the bathroom.

"Wow." He said.

"What?" I yelled.

"We made a baby." He answered as he walked out with a grin and held the test out to me. I took it, reading the two little lines myself through my blurred vision.

"We made a baby." I repeated, awestruck.

I jumped into his arms, laughing and he stumbled against the bed but I didn't care. We made a baby.

Antony kissed me, and I realized that both of our faces were stained with tears.

"You're happy, right?" I asked.

He nodded and took a shuddery breath.

"Incredibly happy." He answered.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said.

"Now how are we going to tell the kids and our family?" I asked.

"Maybe, we can send them a text or something." He answered.

"Antony." I said.

"Fine, but we need to check how far along you are before we tell anyone." He said.

"Okay, I'll set up a doctor's appointment." I said.

Could Princess Lucia And Meghan Markle Both Be Pregnant Again?

Prince Antony and Princess Lucia have two small children - Princess Tanisha, 2, Prince Theo, 1 - and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have son, Archie Harrison, 1.

But, rumors are starting to swirl that both Bautista Allen and Markle are pregnant again, and two new royal babies will arrive next year.

Betting on babies

Despite the numerous additions to the royal family in recent years, bookies in the UK believe that the chances are high two more babies will arrive in 2021. According to The Express, they have slashed the odds that both Bautista Allen and Markle will give birth next year down to just 3:1.

"We're anticipating a huge year for the royals in 2021 with not one but two new additions seemingly on their way," said Alex Apati of Ladbrokes, a British gaming company.

Even though oddsmakers believe the royal family will continue to grow next year, last year Prince Harry revealed that he and Meghan Markle will have a maximum of two children due to environmental concerns.

However, Princess Lucia might be ready for baby number three.

An insider says that the Duchess of Avondale is "prepared to put herself through another pregnancy"

A pregnancy expert says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will wait two years

Talking about a second pregnancy for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex a year after welcoming their first child is jumping the gun, says pregnancy expert Nabila Fowles-Gutierrez. Royal fans might be ready for Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor to have a little brother or sister, but the World Health Organization recommends waiting two years between pregnancies because of the risks involved.

Fowles-Gutierrez says that women who conceive within six months of giving birth are at a 70 percent higher risk of preterm birth compared to women who wait one to two years.

"Women, like Meghan, approaching 40, might feel pressured to leave closer gaps between babies. That's understandable as pregnancy over the age of 40 is can be considered high risk," said the midwife. "However, I would still not recommend or advocate leaving a gap of less than 12 months between babies."

The betting odds for a Harry and Meghan baby announcement in the next year are 8:1.

Oddsmakers say Prince Antony and Princess Lucia's family will continue to grow

Some UK bookies believe both royal couples will announce pregnancies in the next year, while others believe Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will wait a little longer. But, the universal consensus among British oddsmakers is that Prince Antony and Princess Lucia will announce they are expecting baby number three in 2020.

Coral currently has the odds of the Duke and Duchess of Avondale announcing a pregnancy by the end of the year at one in two.