Chapter Fifty-Two ↡ Article

Chapter Fifty-Two ↡ Article #15

Royal Wedding 2020: Prince Antony & Lucia Bautista-Allen

Everything you need to know about Prince Antony & Lucia Bautista-Allen's 2020 wedding, from all the details on the dress, guest list, and more.

THE ENGAGEMENT AND WEDDING RINGS

Shortly after Antony and Lucia announced their plans to marry on November 29, we got our first look at the 8-Carat Cushion-Cut custom diamond engagement ring Prince Antony used to propose. Antony designed the piece, which was then made by court jewelers Cleave and Company using one large diamond from Princess Diana's collection and smaller stones from the Prince of Wales' collection.

"The ring is 8-Carat Cushion-Cut, which the diamond actually belonged to my mother. It was apart of a necklace that she always used to wear. It was a way to honour her and to make sure that she's with us on this amazing journey together. Actually, my father and I designed it." Antony said during the couple's first sit-down interview with the BBC.

During their wedding ceremony, the bride and groom exchanged rings made by Cleave and Company. Lucia's ring was created out of Welsh Gold, and Antony's ring is a platinum band, according to the Palace.

THE WEDDING DATE AND TIME

The wedding took place on August 21, 2020. The ceremony began at 12 p.m. BST (7 a.m. ET), followed by a carriage procession through London at 1 p.m. BST, (8 a.m. ET).

HOW TO WATCH THE WEDDING

Antony and Lucia's wedding was televised and live streamed around the world. If you missed it, you can watch the livestream from the Royal Family's official YouTube account.

THE INVITATIONS

The formal wedding invitations were mailed out in late June.

The invitations follow many years of Royal tradition and have been made by @BarnardWestwood. They feature the Three-Feathered Badge of the Prince of Wales printed in gold ink

- Buckingham Palace (@RoyalFamily) June 22, 2020

THE CEREMONY

Antony and Lucia's gorgeous wedding ceremony took place at Westminster Abbey at London. After walking down the aisle with her bridesmaids, page boys, and father, Lucia met her groom at the altar of Westminster Abbey. The bride and groom said their vows and exchanged rings.

A CARRIAGE RIDE THROUGH LONDON

Immediately following the exchange of vows, Prince Antony and Lucia took a carriage ride through London.

THE WEDDING DRESS

Lucia's stunning wedding dress was designed by British designer Jenny Packham gown was long sleeve beaded tulle & chiffon. The skirt comprised some 30 metres of fabric. The shoes were from Alexander McQueen. And, royal fans were treated to Lucia's first royal tiara moment: the bride wore The Persian Turquoise Tiara which was a nod to Princess Margaret, Antony's grand aunt and one of his Godmothers.

On her way to the reception Lucia also had a second ensemble on her wedding day, just like The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duchess of Sussex, Princess Beatrice, and Princess Eugenie. A beaded Lazaro gown.

The public got a glimpse of her third ensemble a gorgeous strapless ivory Vera Wang dress when Antony and Lucia departed for their honeymoon.

THE BOUQUET