Chapter Seventeen ↡ Article

Chapter Seventeen ↡ Article #6

Lucia Bautista-Allen gains a new title

Lucia Bautista-Allen has now been named a billionaire by Forbes.

Forbes named Lucia as America's Newest Beauty Billionaire.

Lucia Bautista-Allen's Popularity Affecting Sales of her beauty company, Prella Cosmetics.

Reporters have been following American businesswoman Lucia Bautista-Allen ever since her relationship with PrinceAntony became public.

Today every time Lucia, appears in public, people talk about what she is wearing and her make-up. All that talk and media attention can increase sales of designer clothing and her own cosmetics company.

Her makeup is so popular that her website selling what she wears often crash because of demand.

Fashion blogs and social media reporting about her choice of clothing and makeup have increased in number.

"The Lucia effect is this economic phenomenon similar to the Kate effect...where if she wears it, it turns to gold," said Christine Ross.

Now beachside of her popularity, Lucia's net worth has increased.

Lucia started Prella Cosmetics in 2012 when she couldn't find a red lipstick to buy.

Today, Prella Cosmetics sells more than 200 products from eyeshadow pallets to lip gloss, which bring in at least $320 million in annual revenue and $200 million in operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization), according to Pitchbook.

Thanks to its super low overhead and massive sales, the company is worth at least $1.5 billion. Lucia owns a 100% stake.

Add in the cash Lucia has already pulled from the profitable business, and Lucia is now a billionaire, with an estimated fortune of $1 billion.

Prella Cosmetics' popularity has drawn major interest from both large beauty companies and private equity firms that want in on Lucia's secret.

It has been confirmed by Sephora that Prella Cosmetics products will be available at 1,600 of their stores in 17 countries and online by the holiday season as part of an exclusive partnership.

Prella Cosmetics initially tweeted out the news:

We are so excited to let you guys know that @PrellaCosmetics will be coming to all @sephora stores around seventeen countries this holiday!... More to come...

Prella Cosmetics has 25.6 million followers on Instagram and 21.8 million followers on Twitter and 18 million subscribers on YouTube.

Sephora, which has been more successful in drawing Millennials in.

Sephora holds an advantage over the 18-24 and 25-34 demographics.

With Prella Cosmetics, Sephora will no doubt result in an increase in online traffic, and, more importantly, an increase in in-store traffic where over 90% of Sephora's money is made.

Lucia has recently welcomed her second child with boyfriend, Prince Antony of Wales.

The couple met in 2013 and have been together ever since.

Many are waiting to hear an engagement announcement from the couple.

Prince Antony is believe to be worth around $40 million.

What about the rest of the British royal family?

While the little ones are clearly a boon to the British economy, the rest of the royal family are sitting on vast fortunes themselves.

Queen Elizabeth is easily the richest member of the royal family and is estimated to be worth close to $500 million. Prince Charles is a close second and is estimated to be worth around $386 million.

Prince Harry and Prince William are both believe to be worth around $40 million each, though William's fortunes will change once his father inherits the throne.

In total, the combined worth of all the members of the royal family is estimated to be around $88 billion.

This includes individual wealth as well as properties, investments, and other business ventures.