78.

Annalise:

Liar. Cheater. Betrayer. Whore. But a human.

I remember every thing everybody has said and I used to ignore them. I did wrong.

I hate myself. I should have told him about it all the first time itself.

"One more," I said as John handed me the glass.

I chugged it down greedily and looked at him.

"One more," I said.

"There is no story I haven't heard when one drinks too much. You came back here and are drunk just in such a short span... Is there anything wrong?" He asked handing me a glass of water.

"It's so easy for people like you to give advice and call them 'story'... You want to know mine? I am a cheater. A fucking liar!" I said throwing the glass down as it shattered.

"Annalise... You rich people spend your money on drinks and call your lives hard," he said chuckling.

"Care to explain?" I asked as he handed me another glass.

"Annalise... I am no one to say this but you think that your life is the hardest... You don't have to work part time and still study... You think that world is easier for you and the others. I work three part-times and am studying for Journalism," he said.

"You are not called a liar! My life isn't some sad 'story' so please shut up and give me my glass because I give you the money," I said.

He chuckled.

"Nobody on this planet has been clean of sin. We are all liars. All madmen. Its that we think we are the ones who are sane. The illusion is hard. But it's true," he said as he cleaned the glass and the counter.

I looked at him as he earned every booth and wiped his sweat. I was the only one left.

"The bar closes soon," he said.

I read the board. It had to be closed half an hour ago.

He didn't close it because I was drunk and here.

"Don't look at me like that kid," he said.

"Thanks," I said.

"Shall I walk you home? Or drop you somewhere?" He asked removing his apron.

"No thanks... I can go by myself," I said.

"As you wish... After you." He said holding the door for me.

"I havent yet paid," I said removing money from my purse.

"It's alright... Its on the house," he said as he closed the door removing his book out of his bag.

"If you ever think that this is it... Remember someone who has been through worse and look back at it." He said.

"Thanks." I said. He nodded.

"I shall be leaving... Gotta study and then pick up my shift at the convenience store tomorrow morning," he said patting my shoulder before he went.

I looked at him as he vanished.

He was right. This was not the end. Not for me. Not for Nick. Not for Adam. Not for Clara. Not for Emmet. Not for Mikalya either.

She better beware!

I called a cab and asked it to drive to the Genovese office.

I rushed upstairs to see Clara, Emmet and Nick sitting together.

"Annie," Nick said getting up and hugging me.

"I am so sorry," I said.

"Annalise," Emmet said examining me.

"Are you drunk?" Nick asked.

"A bit," I said as I lost my balance. Nick balanced me on his arm.

"I am so sorry for having done this," I said.

"We will be by the door." Clara said excusing herself and dragging Emmet.

"Annie... Was it so deep that you were scared to tell me about it? You could have told me. You could have let me down slowly. Showed me some sympathy," he said.

"I... I was scared that I would lose you," I said.

"You wouldn't have. But I am doubting it all now... Why Annie? Why me?" he asked.

"Nick... It meant nothing," I said.

He chuckled.

"Its the truth.. I love you," I said.

"'Could he do this?' That's what you think. I don't think I can stand you any longer," he said.

"Why do you only see my fault? It was Adam who had advanced towards me," I said.

"Take your credit Anna.... You let him do that. Let him touch you. You are just as much as a betrayer. You are not the girl I used to know," he said looking down.

"I deserve this... Why don't I just die?" I said walking towards the end.

"Why should you die? You have a lot to live for. The one I love is  the only one I live for. This is typical of me. Of love. Of lies. We all live behind the one we care for," he said.

I wiped my tears as I sat down with my legs dangling in the air.

"A single push. I want you take the revenge," I said looking at him.

I raised my hands like a bird. He put his hand on my shoulder. He broke down.

"I am not you Annalise." He said walking away wiping his tears. He went down.

I looked down at the city. This was probably for the best. I breathed in and got down and sat down with my head between my knees. My head was dizzy because of the alcohol.

I passed out.

The next time my eyes opened, I was in my bed tucked. Nick caressed my head.

"You have a fever... Stay in bed for tonight," he said getting up and left the bed sitting on the couch.

I got up and walked towards him. My head was paining because of the alcohol and the fever.

"Annie... What did I tell you?" Nick asked.

"Please?" I asked him.

"I'll think about it," he said getting up and removing his bag.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"I am going back home... Just leave me alone for a few days Annalise," he said closing the door behind him. He looked at me for a last time.

"Don't look at me that way. This cannot be the end," I said. He looked away from me and left. I wiped my tears looking out of the balcony as he looked up at me and walked away disappearing.

Maybe from my life as well.