21.

Clara:

I dumped the bag next to me and sat on the couch looking at the ceiling. The house was empty. Not a spirit in sight. I couldn't hear any laughter or anything.

Sometimes you feel helpless and thrash for anything to hold on to. In my case, it were the memories of us together. Happily.

Now, it had become a mere picture on the wall of my heart that I seldom approach. Those memories bring me to life. They send an electric shock throughout my body. Charging me. But I couldn't continue it. It was dangerous. Fatal at the least.

My phone rang. Dad.

"Hey Dad..." I said still looking at the wall.

"You back?" he asked.

"Yeah... She's fine," I replied closing my eyes as a tear fell down.

"I was asking how are you?" he asked.

"Happy," I said and bit my lip.

"Bella... You know that I know who you are... You are my sperm..."

He didn't need to bring that up. Yikes!

But still I laughed, just for him.

"Dad... I am scared," I said as a sob erupted.

"Bella... I am coming home... I'll book the tickets... I'll be back OK?" he asked.

"It's alright.. I am fine... I am a strong girl Dad... I'll handle this shit," I said wiping my tears.

"I love you," I added.

"I know you do," he replied blowing a kiss.

I put the phone down and folded my legs to myself. I need someone.

I am a human. I want to be happy and contented. But I am no God. After all I am a human... I want to be sensation... But I am no Taylor Swift.

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and sat down. Rocking myself, I went to the drinks cabinet. It was 12 pm.

I know I shouldn't but it's a medical fact that it relieves stress. I pulled out the first bottle. A malt liquor. I poured down a glass and sat down. I drank it in one gulp. Then another and then 3 other and ended up drinking the whole bottle. The content burned my tongue. It brought me my doom. But it calmed me.

Why the hell was I crying? Shouldn't Emmet fucking God cry? Shouldn't Adam cry? What the hell was I doing lying crumpled everyday in this world when no one fucking cared about a shit? Why was I burning myself in the fucking coals when no one loves me? I hope that Emmet rots in hell.

I pulled out my phone and called Emmet. Drunk dialing was a novice job for me.

"I'll call later Clara... I am in midst of..." he said but I cut him off.

"You fucking don't care."

"Clara?"

"You don't fucking care about anyone. I hate you. You pick tease... You and your whole life should end up in hell."

"Clara? Is that you?"

"You know what, I don't fucking care either. I hate that day when I met you. You stupid bastard. You deserve to die Emmet. I fucking hate you. I fucking hate myself for loving you. And you know what, I had plans of marrying you... Having kids and growing old with you and you... You fucking fly to another world. Hate you Emmet. And yes I am cursing cuz I don't fucking care... I don't fucking... Care."

The receiver went silent. I had left him speechless. I hate him.

"Are you drunk?" he asked.

"I fucking am not. I am speaking the reality. My words are a slur but my emotions and thoughts are not."

"Take care Clara and yes... I do fucking care."

The phone went silent. How dare he hang up on me when  it was his fucking mistake. I couldn't crumble now... I couldn't.

I picked up my phone and went to the contacts with 'E'. My eyes blurred and I randomly clicked on the number with my instinct.

The call connected.

"You know what... You are a fucking beast and then you hang up on me. You have the nerve to do that. You leave me alone and stranded and fucked up in this house and stay away in some fancy house with your new high fashion ended girlfriend and your hot sister. Hell Emmet, I don't... Can't believe that Kay gave birth to you and I'd you are the nobility... That country is doomed." I said without stopping for a breath.

"Clara... What happened?" a new voice. Ethan Wood.

"I am sorry," I said swinging my hand knocking the bottle down and spilling a bit of the liquor and the glass shattering.

"Don't move... I am coming," he said.

Emmet:

"Are you alright?" Brooke asked.

"Clara just drunk dialed me. I think it's a mess. I want to check on her." I said feeling guilty as I tossed another stone onto the river.

"Are there surveillance cameras?" she asked.

"No... Only outside... On the entrance..." I said closing my books.

"Oh, Emmet," Brooke said putting her hands around my neck as I sobbed inconsolably.

"It's okay," Brooke assured.

"She thinks I don't care. I do... I fucking hell do," I said as Cooper hugged me.

"I know you do otherwise nobody else would cry so hard..." he said.

"I am broken..." I said as Brooke kissed my head. There was nothing between us. It was a friendship. Pure and serene.

We sat down until the sun went down. They retired.

I was supposed to go to Vanessa's house. I went to the house with hopes crushed. I looked myself in the mirror of the car.

"You know it's not good to preen on yourself," Vanessa said. I had parked outside and she appeared out of nowhere.

"I wasn't preening..." I said.

She sat inside the car looking at me.

She wore a sliver tea-length frock which was tapered at the waist. She looked pretty and elegant. Her eyes stopped on mine.

"Were you crying?" she asked.

She knew it. I was crying in the car while driving. She cared for me. Nobody did but she did. I couldn't help myself as I lowered myself to her lips. Her breath was sugary.

"Emmet... Are you sure?" she asked. I didn't do anything. I placed my lips on hers. And looked at her eyes. Her body was soft to touch and her scent was sweet.

She blushed as I put my hand on her waist and walked inside.

Her parents liked to talk with me and then, she excused me to the balcony of her room. I sat down and looked outside. The green landscape stretched.

"I was thinking about our clandestine kiss over the dinner and I want to ask you this... I know it might sound cheesy... Do you want to continue?" she asked her eyes searching mine.

I looked at the moon. It was bright against the backdrop. Just as her.

"I'm in," I said.

"Me too," she said. I put my hand around her waist as I looked at the moon marveling.

"Drop by again Emmet," Vanessa said as she kissed my cheek.

I smiled as her parents waved. I sat down in my car wondering whether I was happy or was I shattered? But where I know I was that I was living and had a new girlfriend.

This might be it...