19.

Adam:

The Earth revolves around the sun with utmost silence. Not a single word. Yet when it comes to silence in practical life, I can't deal with it. I try to fill the void but it comes back at me. Backlashing with a much more force than required shattering the broken pieces. People say silence and peace are synonyms but when it comes to silence, it's chaos. A confusion between the loving and the dead. The breathing and the laid in the coffins. The one's silent or the ones dead silent.

That's what everyday felt like. Mikalya filled in the spot. Instagram helped me stalk her. Clara updated me. But the one silence I couldn't bare was Annalise. I couldn't be angry seeing what she was going through and I couldn't blame myself as I was a human too. So I did what I could do. I remained silent in the motion of utter chaos.

Days passed. Months flipped. The pages of the calendar turned everyday. Mikalya was there but her words were silent.

I picked up my phone and called Annalise.

Just as she picked up, I couldn't say anything. I threw my phone at the wall and sat down bundled up in my room, head between my knees. This was my new posture I had started maintaining. I know I shouldn't think about her. She is probably happy with Nick.

She should have been with Nick for this whole time. He was the perfect guy for her. He made her happy and what I did?

I loved her, with ever more intensity.

"What are you thinking?" Christina asked. Neva had gone to shopping with Mikalya and I was in-charge.

"Nothing," I shrugged her off.

"Tell me... You can tell me can't you?" she asked. Her face curious and small against her oversized hoodie.

"Do you know the French Revolution? Why did the Bolsheviks interfere?" I asked trying to change the subject with whatever blabber I could think off.

"That's not the point.... And perhaps, the Bolsheviks were in the Russian Revolution... Dumbass," she said taking my large hand in her small tiny ones.

"Tell me," she said.

Christina and I were really close as I used to be at her home for really long intervals of time. But then the link broke. I don't say that I don't trust her. I do. But I don't trust myself.

I looked out of the window. The sky floated with clouds of different sizes. The blue sky, bright, shine against the surface of the crust. I looked at it, bewitched.

"Adam," Christina snapped me off. She put her arms around me.

"You can trust me," she said.

"Trust," I chuckled. I trusted one's words of never leaving me, I stand where I do with another girl asking me to trust her. It's funny how much she reminded me of Clara... The same innocence and enthusiasm. The same greed of seeing others happy. She was quite similar. Her black hair wound into a ponytail, cascaded down her shoulders.

The door opened and Neva walked in.

"She'll return later," she said walking over to Christina and kissing her cheeks before sitting down next to her. I looked at them fascinated and smiled.

"What are you staring at nincompoop?" Christina asked.

I smiled feebly as Neva laid her hand in Christina's.

"Tell me..." Christina once again started. I gave way. I told her everything. Right from the start with all the strings attached.

"If you love her, why don't you call her?" Neva asked.

"I am afraid to," I replied fidgeting with a start strand of cotton thread.

"Here," Christina said removing my phone and handing it to me.

She called Anna and gave me.

"I..." I stammered but then she forcefully put the phone in my hands.

"I still love..." I said.

"Who's this?" she asked and her words replayed. Another backlash. She had deleted my contact. She wanted to remove me from her life. And I don't want to interfere. I disconnected the call and threw my phone on the bed.

"Fuck," I cursed loudly as Neva and Christina ran in to hug me. I cried in their black hair as they patted my back. Sometimes I feel that I am dead.

Annalise:

I love you too, I murmured but the phone was disconnected and so was the dam in my tearducts. I fed up my legs and started crying. I cried and cried, gasping for air. I sat down crumpled on the floor closing my eyes and shutting the bright light which now seem like a curse.

Death... A term of sleep. A term of no consciousness. I went into death. Asleep as you call it and then closed my eyes to sleep.

I woke up and went inside the shower. The shower started rushing as the water wet my clothes falling off my hands to my legs and draining. I came out, hair wet and sat onto the vanity. I had fascinated myself by makeup. It gave me the opportunity to conceal the mask I wear. I put on a little powder and soaked my wet hair from the towel.

I changed into a black sweatshirt and laying on the bed to start studying. First up was completing the notes. My phone rang. It was Clara.

"What other shenanigan are you upto?" I asked trying to act cheerful, my makeup boosting my appearance.

"Not funny Anna.... What the fuck is a complex number.... Ugh... I hate this freaking thing," she said.

"Stop cursing and start listening," I said.

"Of course Madame Cole," she replied and I genuinely laughed. She is my flashlight.

I imagined her sitting on the bed, her books opened and cluttering the bed. Her eyes seen frozen on the books and her ears to me. Her legs crossed. Her mind focused.

Naah... Not her mind...

"Class dismissed," I said.

"This is the longest we've talked since you have left," she said. It was true.

I checked the time. 2 hours.

"I miss you," I said.

"Of course you do... That lame ass won't give you an option to troll," she said. I laughed. She blew a kiss and I bye'd.

Then, I returned back to the 'fuck' I was reading.