69.

Adam:

I walked back downstairs as the people assembled. Ethan stood with Clara as she was talking excitedly to him. He would look at her and smile.

I spotted Anna standing next to Nick as she looked at her and bit her lip. Nick was perfect. He would look after her.

Emmet and Vanessa stood to get her drinking from a glass with two straws. They held hands.

Christina sat on Neva's lap as they ate noodles.

Yet, I didn't look at the one who was next to me.

"Adam..." Mikalya said looking at me.

"Hmmm..." I said looking at her.

"You look great," she said.

"So do you," I smiled.

"I will come later... See ya," she said.

Anna walked over to me once she had left.

"Hey," she said.

"Holla," I said smiling.

"Listen... Adam... I think that whatever happened that night... We should forget it. We should forget whatever went down at this event... Its probably for the best. I don't think that there will be any more such accidental meetings. We would go back on our tracks... Everything will be alright... Probably will," she said.

"Listen Anna... I am willing to forget everything but it's not just a page that can be torn off. It's a memory. Some things are better off when left undisturbed," I said.

"Can you try? Just for a few more days then we will be off on our own..." she said.

"Hmm," I said.

"I will be leaving," she said looking at me.

I nodded. She didn't move.

"I thought you were a woman of your word," I taunted.

She giggled as her flawless face had a tear fall down.

"Anna... You alright?" I asked.

"Don't worry... I am fine," she said walking away.

We won't be meeting again... I am sure...

I looked away.

"People... As of the level today, the first round is a group dance. You will be sending 4 volunteers up on the stage for the dance. The volunteers will be dancing on the same track that'll be played. The best move wins. Round Two will have single volunteer for a song by the judges. Final round will have members chosen randomly by the judges dancing together in pairs... The rest of the evening will have dancing as a group collectively just to feel lively... For the first round... Please send in members," Ethan said. I looked away at my team.

I wasn't in the mood of dancing so I walked out take in some air and get some food in my body.

By the time I came back, it was round three starting.

"So in here we have Samuel J. Han who will be choosing the participants for the last round. All those interested please step up. The ones who have already performed will not be dancing back," Ethan said. People walked closer by the stage while I stayed where I was.

"A twist... The ones who have come over are actually the ones who won't be chosen. Samuel..." Ethan said handing over the microphone.

Samuel walked down whole stopping at me.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Adam Hansen," I replied.

"Cheer for Hansen!" He said. I sighed walking up to the stage.

Emmet and Clara stood by me. Another blonde boy stood with us.

"The pairs are as such Clarabelle Cole and Adam Hansen while Emmet Peterson and Jaden Thomas," Ethan said.

"Hey..." Clara said smiling as she gingerly held my hand. Her hand was warm. Mine felt ice cold.

A/N My hand is really cold...

She had something about herself. It was weird but familiar. It was exclusively hers.

Our song was Marcarena by BEGINNERS.

She smiled before walking up to the stage.

"Drop the beat for the first dance off now!" Ethan said.

The song started playing.

She smiled gingerly before dancing. She knows how to dance. She put her hand on my shoulder as I put mine on her waist.

"Woah!" I exclaimed.

"What?" she asked.

"You have a thin and curvy waist," I said.

"Pervert!" she said stepping on my shoes. I smiled as I pushed her away softly. She started tutting with her body.

As soon as the word marcarena came, she would put her hands in the air.

As the part about the boyfriend came, she pulled me back in. I stood blank in awe of her.

She pushed me in the front as soon as the Spanish kicked in.

I started dancing. Swaying from side to side as the interlude came over. I put my hands on her waist as I lifted her up. She giggled. She walked over dancing really good. I joined back in. She pit her hand in mine as we started dancing together.

"You move good," she said.

"Watch this," I said doing a jump and landing after a flip and a somersault.

"Amuse me," I said as she smiled dancing vigorously before the sing drew to a close with her Marcarena with her hands in the air. She looked at me smiling with her eyebrows twitching.

Emmet and Jaden took over the stage. I looked for Mikalya but she was nowhere to be seen.

Nick:

"What do you want from me?" Mikalya asked me as she folded her hands.

"It's about the secret... What is it?" I asked.

"I see that you started doubting Annalise. Better late then never," she said smiling slyly.

"I just want to know if she is hiding something," I said. I regretted this every moment. I wasn't doubting her. I wanted to know if she is the same Annie I used to know.

"Well... Well... How would it benefit me?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"For old time's sakes Mikalya stop being so selfish and please let me know about it," I pleaded.

"Annalise is an infection, Nick... She is a horrible woman who cares about no one but herself. Didn't you notice that when you were young, she always went on for herself and not you?" she said taunting me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"What I want isn't something you can give," she said.

"Stop playing in riddles... I want to know the answer," I said.

"I don't want Anna back messing with me or Adam," she said.

"I assure you," I said.

"Well then... You maybe naive but not a fool..." she said.

"Tell me," I said clenching my fist and holding my breath.

She smiled slyly.

That was the first crack to this love...