25.

Adam:

I stretch up and rush to the bathroom. I checked the date. 6th November.

A faint smile appeared on my face. It was Anna's birthday. I shook that thought away. I had woken up early and not wanting to study or do anything, I removed my headphones and put them on. I rushed out of the house, chest naked in my sweats.

I ran two laps of the entire Hansen holding and I couldn't find it long. I went out to the road and ran along for another 15 minutes. My songs were on shuffle. Suddenly I heard a voice. So familiar and so calming that it's suddenness didn't do anything to me. I just crumbled to the ground and sat with unblinking eyes.

It was Annalise. I had recorded her voice when she was singing with me. We were singing 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever' by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift.

God I was messed up. She was laughing and singing so melodiously that for a moment I forgot the irony of the situation. There I was singing and here I was sinking.

I got up and put the headphones off and started running. Relentlessly and as fast as I can towards the house. I changed into my black tee and jeans. I picked up my phone. I had set a reminder on her birthday. Silly me. But I wasn't to blame. It's wasn't me who ended this.

I went to college. Mikalya wasn't there to attend. As the Tutor talked about the angle base on a ceiling. I did had other things to care about.

I started the string from Mikalya. Why was she not here? When is her birthday? What is Anna doing? What would she be wearing? How was she gonna spend the day?

But that's when it hit me. I am naïve. I am stupid as hell. I am a coward. I am sacred of admitting what I feel. I didn't have that fucking problem until now.

I got up and left the lecture. I rushed to the parking and took my car, driving it to the high school. I needed someone to talk to.

Visiting hours were probably closed but I would get the access. That's the point of having Hansen to your name.

The principal allowed me in.

"I am sorry but I freaking don't know what to do... I need to talk to someone," I said. Principal Martha greeted me.

I told her what the fuck I was going through.

"Child... You are stressed... Calm down first... I do know what you are going through because I went through it all the same. Just go home and take the day off."

"I can't think of anything but Anna," I said.

"Adam... Annalise is a great person and I was rooting for you. She isn't all that mean that you think of her as," she said putting her hand on mine.

"No, she is a liar, a pathetic woman... Sometimes I just wanna kill her," I said.

She got up and pulled me out of my chair. Then, hugging me, she asked me the one thing I hadn't heard in a really long time.

"Do you want to see the Counselor, Jock?"

I couldn't do anything but smile.

"She is a great person but the reality is, she is too afraid of the ghosts under the bed. She is a sensation but after all she has a heart that beats and eyes that cry. She's not all evil... Neither are you, my child. You are just soft and gentle. You take everything on your heart. You take the bruises and don't mend them. You take the bullet but don't remove it. You forgive and don't forget," she said.

"Martha... You are a great woman," I said.

"Oh that's what they say," she said.

I smiled.

"Now get your ass out of my office while I deal with some kids who need detention," she said.

"Just one more thing though... Be soft on the jocks," I said. She smiled.

"Don't worry... I've got a long list of dinguses like you up my ass," she said. I left after bidding her a goodbye. I got into a really great mood.

I drove over to Mikalya's house as there was no point in returning to the college or my house.

I went inside. The house was empty except for Mikalya.

"I didn't think that you'll show up," she said and sneezed.

"You got cold?" I asked.

"Nope... Just an allergy. It'll go by in an hour or so," she said. I nodded. I picked her up to her toes and kissed her lips then gently scooped her in my arms. I carried her to the bedroom where I laid her down on the bed as she giggled.

I put my hands on her waist pulling her closer to me as her eyes turned a darker shade. Her breath hitched. I abruptly pulled her up gently, putting her in an upright position.

Her eyes searched mine.

Without a noise, I bent down to her lips and bit her lower lip. Her eyebrows furrowed. She put her hands on my shirt. She removed it off my head as I held her wrists in mine and held them beside her.

"Adam," she broke the silence.

I put my hand on her. Removing my grip on hers, she eased herself out of her top. She had worn her bra and a thin silky material of a tank top. She raised her hands above her head. I pulled the flimsy material off her body discarding it in the pile by my clothes. She put her hands around my neck as I bent down. I went on until her back touched the soft mattress. I learned on my elbows as she hugged me. My bare chest against her almost nude one. I put my lips on her cheek, trailing a line down her neck to her hands to the tip of her index. Her back arched as her head pushed against the bed. She raised her arms and entwined them in my hair pulling gently as I put my hands on the side of her face turning her over me. She took the opportunity and traced the lines on my abs gently sucking the spots making me groan.

After her soft carnation, I got up as she sat down on my lap. Her legs open around my torso. Her ass was just over my genital and I felt a true sense of something. Just when it was about to get more steamier, the call rang on my mobile. Terence has fell down the bike injuring his hand and leg.

I grabbed my t-shirt as Mikalya hurried with her clothes. Fumbling with the keys, I drove off to the hospital having a deja vu of the last time of me in the hospital. Clara had injured herself and Anna had almost killed Emmet.

A smile erupted on my face. God I couldn't stop thinking about her...