61.

Adam:

It was around 10 when I and Mikalya rushed downstairs to play snowball fight. It was snowing heavy now. The sun was gone.

The merriment was in the air as the adults sat down on the benches or joined the snowball fight. I made a small snowball and threw at Clara who had bent down to gather some ice. Her butt was facing me and I could surely say that my snowball had hit her right.

"What!" she said as Nick threw one at her face.

She turned back to throw  one at me.

"Come on," I said looking at Mikalya.

"Thanks but I'll rather be a grownup about this... You kids have fun," she said nuzzling in my arms before she sat down on one of the benches.

"Hell No!" I said as Clara threw one at my face.

I ran towards her and pushed her with myself on the ground. It was all snowed upon and it was actually a soft green ground before. We landed on the ice as she made one and threw at my head.

"Merry Christmas," I said throwing one at her.

"You son of a..." she said as Anna threw another one at her head. I laughed as she made a big one and dumped it on my face. I laughed while laying on the ground.

"I'd rather play with Antoinette," she said.

"Is she your new girlfriend?" I teased rolling onto my stomach.

She looked at me and sighed before running away.

"Here," Nick said offering a hand.

"Thanks," I said getting up.

"There is a thing though," I said.

"What?" he asked.

"Never trust anyone during a snowball fight," I said throwing the one I had in my hand at him. He laughed as Anna joined.

"Booyah!" she exclaimed throwing one at me. I laughed as Mikalya joined me.

"I thought you'd play it safe," I said throwing one at her.

"Look at me now... Fart monster," she said throwing a big one at me. I felt the impact. She winked. I threw another one at her. She threw one that I dodged hitting a girl, Sabrina.

She threw one at Annalise. This was turning into a real fight.

"Where did Clara go?" Anna asked Nick.

"Making snowman with some girl names Antoinette...." I said throwing one at Clara who was at some distance.

"Anyways... Merry Christmas," Anna said.

"My way of Christmas," I  said throwing one at Anna.

"And also Easter," I said throwing up another as she giggled.

"A minute Anna... Alone?" Mikalya asked.

Anna followed Mikalya. I just hope everything was cool. Guessing by their expressions it actually was. So I went back to harassing Clara Cole.

Anna:

"Fucking stop flirting," she said.

"I didn't flirt..." I said looking at her.

"He is trying to forget you. Make yourself scarce. Also, what is your fucking problem?" she asked.

"I don't have a problem. It was your boyfriend who threw the first snowball at Clara... He is ok with it... Why do you have to be such a bitch about it?" I asked.

"Why do you act so innocent and beautiful when you are actual a fucking piece of mud?" she said.

"Guess what this beautiful is actually trying to be me," I said pointing at her.

"Oh shut your hole up... I am done," she said.

"Done what? So easy?" I instigated.

"I know some secrets Annalise. I am afraid you don't want them to be out in the open, do you?" she asked taking a step closer.

"I don't have any secrets that you would know of," I said.

"There is a shadow behind every object Annalise. I saw yours... I don't think that nerd of a boyfriend if yours would like it," she said.

"Amuse me," I said.

"Stop hitting on Adam or else Genovese will hear the 'amusement'" she said.

"Oh well! I am scared," I said looking at her.

"You bitch," she said.

"Self-criticism is sometimes bad but I am glad for you that you now understand your breed. Congratulations dear," I said.

"You know what... You try to hit on Adam one more time and then see what Mikalya Jones would do," she said.

"Remove me off the cheer leading team, Captain... Oh snap! There is no cheering squad... What would you do sweetie? With your skills and talents, there is no bright future," I said.

"You are one ignorant bitch. You haven't changed at all since high school," she said.

"Congrats... You too," I said smiling.

"Don't test me Anna," she said.

"Afraid of failing like you did in grade 7 Maths paper?" I asked.

She sighed as she walked away.

"Hey... I am not done yet," I shouted. She just put up her middle finger behind her back.

"Everything alright?" Nick asked.

"I am done... I will ask Dad and just get out of here... I'd better catch up on studies," I said.

"Did Mikalya say something?" he asked.

"She is that same person from high school. With the same attitude and the heels and the money and everything... I am quite surprised that she even turned up here... Weren't her parents neurologists or something?" I asked.

"Anna... Come on... Forget her... We can catch a drink at the bar nearby... Come on," he said putting his hand around my shoulder steering me to the bar.

Clara:

"Emmet... See my snowman. His name is Daniel Lee," I said looking up at him who crouched down next to me.

"Who is this little girl you are playing with?" he asked.

"She is Antoinette... I feel like she is the only one who understands me," I said looking at her. She looked at me and tried to catch a snowflake falling down.

"She is just like me," I said.

He looked at both of us smiling.

"No kidding!" he said smiling.

"Ethan wants to know if you want to join on a trip to the local museum," he said.

"What about my playmate?" I asked.

"We will drop her off at the hotel... Come on," he said. I smiled as I entwined my fingers with Antoinette. Emmet walked next to me our hands brushing. His cheeks were red. Maybe because of the cold. But his fastened heartbeat denied it. He had come over to me running maybe it was because of that.

"NO," whispered my heart.

"Such a beautiful family," someone said.

I smiled keeping that my own secret.