1.

Brooke:

Never did I ever pay attention to Cooper until that day. I stood by the riverbank staring into the cold water as tears fell down my face. I sat on a rock, my bare feet touching the cold surface of the water.

It was prom season and I was alone as usual. My boyfriend just dumped me for another of those pink chapsticked sluts. I threw small stones into the clear water as sunshine danced onto the ripples. My phone rang but I wouldn't be able to face another wrenching break up. I opened my hair and let the cool breeze fan my face.

"Brooklyn," Cooper came in from behind me as he sat down next to me. I wiped my tears and did not look at him.

"Cooper," I said smiling trying to wear on that happy mask.

"Brooke... Are you crying?" he asked.

"No," I said but my voice cracked.

"Brooke..." he said facing me looking me in my eyes.

"Tell me who I need to kill," he said passing me his handkerchief as he blotted onto my cheeks where the mascara had spread.

"Robert Paul," I said as he hugged me.

"Tell me the reason," he persuaded.

"I don't know... Cooper... Do you think I am disgusting or irritating or anything?" I asked.

"No... You are not at all disgusting but I would say irritating," he chuckled, making me laugh, "But I know one thing for sure that you are something. Not anything. You are not at all ordinary. You are this black nailed girl who never backs off... And certainly... You are adorable."

I looked at his sandy blonde hair as his blue eyes looked at me too innocently. He was really handsome. Soft and gentle. His skin shone in the bright light as his red lips parted whenever he exhaled.

"Brooke?" he called me when I realised that I was staring at him for five minutes straight.

"You coming back?" he asked getting up and dusting his butt.

"Of course," I said laying my hand in his palm as he helped me up.

"How did you know where I would be?" I asked.

"I remembered that this was your favourite spot and also that Brooke isn't calm enough... She is a mighty river," he grinned.

"No seriously," I asked tying my hair up.

"I cross tracked your phone... I illegally found your location," he said.

"Congrats on your first mission Detective Pete and perhaps you did your first illegal thing," I said as he smiled.

"Who are you going with?" I asked clutching a branch and swinging on it.

"Where?" he asked.

"To heaven... Cuz I ain't coming there," I replied rolling my eyes.

He raised his eyebrows.

"To the prom of course," I said. He grinned.

"I ain't going. No one asked me," he said.

I left the branch almost shocked.

"Why don't they want to hangout with a sandy haired boy who is a pro of foolishness?" I asked.

"I don't know... Maybe they want men that are... You know... What I am not," he replied.

"Why don't we go together?" I asked.

"You would?" he asked looking at me.

"Of course I 'll accompany my bestie to the gate of hell at our school. I ain't leaving you alone matey," I said.

"You must have been a pirate descendent," he replied.

"Aargh." I replied as we  came out laughing.

"By Date mate," I said waving my hands and we went on our paths.

Little did I know that this was going to be a shit for me.

We entered the massive halls, hand in hand.

"Cooper... Why didn't you wear a gown when you were coming with him?" David bullied.

I looked at Cooper as he ignored them.

"I'll check him out," I said handing him my purse.
"No you won't... This is our end... Don't do this," he said but I had already left his side.

"Oh really. I guess you'll know my shoe size before the end of the day or at the least how big the trunk of my car is," I said staring him in the eye as he backed off.

I sashayed back to Cooper who was smiling.

"Why are you smiling... Didn't you ever see a hot badass girl like me?" I joked.

"No," he said.

I smiled and we danced all night until the end when we sat on the terrace, our feet dangling.

"Don't you sometimes feel that you don't belong here?" Cooper asked.

"Always," I replied.

"Listen... We've been friends all along and I should have told this to you earlier but... I kinda had a crush on you," Cooper said blushing.

"Consider me blessed," I said.

"Since now we'll all go different paths, I thought it'll be better if you knew," he said. I smiled.

"There is this thing known as timing... And you have got the hint of it," I said as I leaned closer to him as his blue eyes suddenly grew a bit darker.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Other times I had doubts... But never this one," I said until our lips collided. There was a fire between us.

I broke apart.

"This is the end and I am glad it happened," he said but then wiped away his tears as he went down. I followed his figure until it escaped into the darkness.

Little did I know what was love. Little did I know that he was meant for me. Little did I know that I loved him. I loved him.

As soon as the realisation struck, I ran behind him, my gown flailing. I called our his name repeatedly.

He didn't look back at me until I caught him up. He was hiding his tears.

"Why did you leave?" I asked him.

"I... I don't know..." he replied as I crashed my lips with his as his hands snaked around my waist.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too... And not in a sibling way," I completed.

We graduated and were lucky that our colleges were in the same campus. Mine Law Degree. His Interior Designing.

Until that day, I was Justice Brooklyn Davis and him... Plain old Cooper. The man that could convince me that life and love existed forever. The man who was far too optimistic. The man who did never wear a mask. He never was wrong. He was always right. He was what he should be.

Love knows no bounds and we stretched those boundaries to fit in...