26.

Clara:

Crumpled pieces of my heart,
Lie in ditches unknown,
I am not a piece of art,
So, I am meant to be alone.

They call me when they want to,
Leave me on their will,
Sometimes, I just wanna sue
Or just kill

Me or them,
That's the choice,
These days have been hard,
Sometimes I just wanna throw the dice.

But I decide against it,
For my senses don't work,
None of the candles are lit,
To making decisions I suck.

Inked on my skin
Are the scars
They drown my sins
Decorating it with stars.

Scars of hell
Burn like fire
Pulls into a spell
Making me a liar.

For I lie,
Afraid of the truth,
And I sigh,
As I waste my youth.

A/N An original by me!

I sighed and put the pen down. Then, getting up, went to my closet. Pulling out the only thing that was comfortable enough and chic for a party, I change into a red blouse and black plaited skirt.

Then, I rushed downstairs sitting for the day to start

Then, I rushed downstairs sitting for the day to start. I woke at 5 am.

Birthdays are a day to be happy. But sometimes, it's just sadness that lurks behind and creeps up to disarm and destroy.

It creeps up and scares me. I don't know what to do. I carry my bag downstairs and wait for something to stir. Mom and Dad were in the place where I used to be happy without meeting Emmet.

Anna wasn't here. Adam wasn't here. Nick wasn't here. That's what I have grown up to believe in. Nobody stays forever.

I pulled out my phone and checked the notifications. To my surprise, Adam messaged me at 12am sharp. Anna was a minute late.

Petty things to make you smile. I got up and went next door.

"Ethan," I said. He smiles as his green eyes glinted in the rising sun.

"Happy birthday," he said hugging me. It felt warm and good.

"What are your plans?" he asked.

"Non existent at present. Why do you ask?" I asked.

"Come with me," he said.

"Bunking school? No way," I said.

He smirked playfully and put his hand on mine.

"After school?" he asked. I nodded. He kissed my neck before letting me go. We drove to school together. Shameless.

As the day went on, I wished I had bunked school. Its pretty boring.

After school, he took me to the beach.

The beach. The shore. The winds. The sand. The song. The dance. The laugh. The echo. The happy days. Now, renaissance.

Only thing that was a change was that the man wasn't the one I loved.

"Clara... This is also for enjoyment but... I really wanna know... Do you want us? This?" he asked.

I stared in the depths of the ocean trying to look out the answers. Search for them. Result, unknown.

I didn't know what happened but his lips came crashing down with a force i couldn't withstand. I pushed him away.

"I am sorry," I said as tears fell down. He didn't seem to feel bad. He hugged me. The first time, it was reassuring. It put the pieces back together.

But this time, it was breaking. Cutting more deeper through the muscle. Penetrating until it broke me down.

"Ethan. Stop," I said. He looked at me and obeyed.

"Calm down Clara... I am not gonna go anywhere," he said putting his hand on mine.

"Don't ever say that. Someone did it and now he is lost."

"Clara," he asked putting his hand on my shoulder rubbing warmth.

I couldn't stop the tears.

"The fucking world doesn't care. Anna doesn't care. Adam doesn't. You don't."

"I do."

"I am done with lies. I am done with trusting and falling back. I can't go with this every day."

"Clara"

I wiped the tears.

"It's your birthday. If I knew about the memories of the beach, I wouldn't have brought you here. I knew you liked beaches."

"Who told you that?"

His eyes just fell down at his hands.

"That doesn't matter. All that matters is that you are the birthday girl. You shouldn't be crying."

I nodded as he wiped my tears with his handkerchief.

"Tell me something. Why do you want to be with me? Aren't all the high-school girls wanna be your girlfriend? Why me?"

"Claule it's not that I don't like them. It's that I really want to experience something special. I don't wanna be me any more."

I couldn't help but smile on the nickname.

I got up as he stood and just hugged him. The pieces were back in place and mended. I got on my tippy toes and kissed him. Sloppily.

"Wanna prove yourself to me?" I asked. He nodded.

I pointed at the chaotic ocean and he smiled. We ran, infinitely into the water. I removed my blouse and my skirt. I had worn a bikini back before.

And we played in the water.

"This wasn't probably the best birthday I guess but..." he said hugging me. I kissed him. Our bodies wet and touching.

"Believe me... It was great," I said. He smiled as we went back to the car.

"Isa is not at home. Wanna come over?" he asked.

"A sleepover with Mr. Smirker.... Gee thanks," I said. He smiled as we drove off to the house. I picked up my phone as I went back to the house.

'Happy birthday Clara' no emotions. Just plain old Emmet.

I sighed and sat down on the chair. Trying my best not cry. Failing myself, I crumpled into a ball. Falling asleep on the floor.

A/N I managed to slip this chapter. The exams are going on and it's really hard to get time. I do get time but laziness gets the best of me. Wait for the next one probably by Thursday if things go alright.