Chapter 9- And There Was Damien's Perspective

Damien

I walked into the unio forest, right behind Mettleting High where I ate lunch every single day with the boys. We liked being away from watchful eyes so we can do whatever we want, bring any girls we want, drink whatever we want, I think you get the picture. Yet ever since I met Woods, I haven't wanted to touch any other girl. I just wanted to look at her.

Feel her.

"No girls today," I said as soon as I sat down in my usual chair. I picked up a xamba from the cooler and popped it open. I looked out into the small waterfall flowing into the pool of water down below.

Not able to be seen at all, a small cave below the surface. Only if you jumped into the hole, into the water, you would be able to see the beautiful cave. I've always thought about taking my mother down there.

"Let's just relax and eat for a few days. We can be with girls anytime, let's just hang out and drink."

"What, Damien? You out of everybody would want to have some fun." Tyler gave me a laugh.

I took a long sip of my xamba, chugging the rest down. The burn gave me anticipation for more, so I picked up another bottle because I was not even buzzed,"I just don't feel like it."

"Why not? Jaclyn only has time during lunch for me, and I don't want to spend it having 'guy time'. I need some release," Tyler smiled.

"I've always wanted to play with Hazalen." Tyler continued, knowing it would get on Landon's nerves. Landon's eyes cut over to him in a hard scowl, his eyes dilated.

A look screaming I dare you.

They never did get along. So I sat back and watched, my eyebrow arched. I knew the game Tyler was playing and the outcome. For Landon's a big guy, but a softie if you got to know him. Especially when you bring up his girl.

Well... used to be.

It was obvious that Landon cared for Hazalen too deeply; I could say they were in love. I knew the look, it was one my mother and father shared long ago.

The reason Landon broke up with her made sense. If they ever wanted a future... if he wanted a future it had to happen.

And the the sad thing is that Hazzy thinks it's her.

"I wonder what it was like to-" Tyler taunted, but Landon was too quick. He had Tyler on the ground in mere seconds.

"Shut up, Tyler. I know you're just trying to make me mad." All the boys just laughed it off, we all knew he was still whipped.

I will never fall for a girl like that.

For a second my mind went to Annalise Woods. Myself asking why I couldn't get her out of my head, for she's a girl just like any other.

Everything about Annalise Woods interested me. When she laughs, it slightly brings up the corner of my lips and I have to forcefully push it back down. It sounds like church bells ringing in my ear. Her captivating blue-green eyes I want to get lost in, but she always pulls away. She usually looks the the right, every once and a while the left or at my chest.