Chapter 63- And There Was Henry's Discovery

ANNALISE
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cold water splashed my face, and I sat up immediately. I glared, looking up at the culprit. Damien's eyes mine with a childish glint, holding an empty glass.

"Sweetheart, is this where you have been all day?"

It seemed I had fallen asleep under the oak tree reading the diary. The soft rays of the sun through the tree and rising temperature must've made me drowsy.

"We have a dancing lesson starting in ten minutes, Princess."

Princess... the book!

I hid it under the folds of my dress, gazing up into Damien's blue-gray eyes. His dark hair fell around his face like the waves I had imagined in Descuvi, silky and smooth.

"What are you thinking about?" He smirked down at me, knowing I was checking him out.

"How we need to get to the dance lesson, but now my dress is wet due to your childish actions."

"Well then I can help you take it off," he winked at me, offering a hand. I rolled my eyes, taking it, still holding the diary from the outside of my dress.

"You know, that sounds like a plan."

"Really?"

"I was talking about the dance lesson."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You're doing it all wrong. I take the left, then you step right."

I grumbled out a few incoherent words, trying the dance over again. I stepped on Damien's foot, causing him to give me a look of disapproval. I retracted out of his grasp, a glare set in his direction.

"I'm not like you, Damien. I can't get everything right off my first try."

"I know, I'm perfect aren't I?" He smiled down at me, trying to lighten the mood. I continued glaring, because he knew I was right.

"You just need to have fun... you're not letting loose." He wrapped his arms around my waist, speaking into my ear.

"Well you're not helping at all in this position."

"Sorry," he loosened his hold, relishing in knowing he made me aroused.

"No, you're not." I huffed out, trying to keep the feeling of lust away. He grabbed my hand, lightly tracing his lips over my knuckles.

"What will help you focus?" With his other hand around my waist, he traced over my lower back, keeping a firm but comfortable grip on my body. I felt like jello in his hands.

Though Roswell had tried to attack me about a week ago, he never got close to the exhilarating feeling that Damien gave me. I had yearned for it the past week he had given me space, which was respectful of him. But I have been through more trauma then Roswell almost uniting my laces- and I wanted Damien's intimacy more than ever. He made me feel worshiped and loved, and I felt peace in his presence.

"Perhaps a goal might." I replied, an aching in my stomach that needed to be subdued. His eyes glossed over my face, making me fluster under his gaze. The look he gave me wasn't kind, as if he was hungry and wanted to ravish me- I would easily let him.

"What were you thinking?" He dropped my hand, replacing it on my waist with the other. He pulled me closer to him, letting me feel how hard he was. I tried to even my breathing, not wanting to give him the reaction he wanted.

"What would be a fair deal to you?" He replied, moving the stray hair away from my neck so I could feel his voice; his hot, minty breath dared me to shiver and his woodsy scent engulfed my senses.