Chapter 7-And There Was The Class of the Waltz

Annalise
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I had never taken a dance class once in my life. In Gregerson, there were not enough wealthy people to even host a ball! Nor teachers available to be able to learn a simple waltz.

I was as nervous as could be.

The uniform we were given was a plain, long black dress while the males had to wear a black tux. I walked in the room and sat next to Hazalen, elated she was in the class with me.

"Hey, girl!" She greeted me as she put on her high heels.

"Wait, we have to wear those?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes, go over there and get your size."

"I can't wear heels. I would fall and possibly break something." I say to her in all seriousness.

She just laughs," Annalise, you are fine. You will be a natural. "

I grimace and walk over to the heels. I put them on and stood up, almost falling over until somebody's hands were on my waist, steadying me. I gasped out and turned around to find Darius as the culprit.

"You alright?" He gave me an innocent smile.

Oh, he's good.

I move out of his arms, giving him narrowed eyes to see if he would yell at me or explode... yet nothing. Just a cheeky little smile.

"Yes I'm fine, just a little stumble." I reassure him, wanting to make the conversation short.

"A little stumble? You know, I can't catch you every time you fall. Your going to keep giving me a bad reputation," He winked at me and walked over to a group of boys.

I sat back down next to Hazalen to avoid standing in the heels at all cost. I didn't want to fall and have one specific Prince come to my rescue again.

"Hazalen, did you tell anybody about what happened in the hall?" I ask her calmly.

"What are you talking about?"

" You know, when I fell." I lower my eyes,"That's why he pulled me aside during lunch. He wanted to know how people found out."

"More like dragged you. I can't imagine how angry he was Annalise, are you alright?" She sounded worried.

I laughed,"I can handle myself Hazalen, I'm a big girl."

She gaze drifted to my chest area,"Right you are about that." I gasped at her and slapped her arm. She just giggled and smiled, laughing along with me.

"Ladies on the right facing the mirror, men on the left. I will come around and re-arrange you." Our waltz teacher proclaimed.

I walked up, last in the line, in front of a guy a few inches taller than me. He bowed and held out his hand to me," What a pleasure to meet the Annalise Woods. My name is Cole Reynolds."

I smiled warmly and shook his hand," Does everybody know my name at this point?"

"Pretty much," He gives me a lopsided smile,"You might have heard of me from somewhere too."